JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   anyone on zofran? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2457390-anyone-zofran.html)

JesusisKing December 3rd, 2011 04:29 PM

anyone on zofran?

I LUV Zofran. lol I've been able to function again! I got on meds (an off brand for Zofran). I am so thankful that they have something that you can take. Did anyone hear anything negative about them? My nurse said they are safe.. but I still hate taking pills when I'm pregnant! But I guess it's better than losing too much weight??

gratefulmama December 3rd, 2011 04:50 PM

Re: anyone on zofran?

I have a rx. I agree, they are a lifesaver when you need them!

Mom.to.PinknBlue December 3rd, 2011 05:48 PM

I am on Zofran and Compazine this time around just incase. I switch off between the two. With Harleigh I was on Phenergan. That is the best anti-nausea medicine in my book.
I am glad the Zofran is working for you.

Starr33 December 3rd, 2011 06:34 PM

I have never taken any meds for nausea, but I have alot of friends have...Here in Canada they give Diclectin, but it is only avaiable in Canada...

barefootbooklover December 3rd, 2011 06:43 PM

Does it really work? So far my nausea and vomiting has been almost unbearable... I was just going to try to power through it like i did with DD but I think I might talk my doc and see if there's something that can be done.

LuvLuvmyfamily December 3rd, 2011 09:02 PM

I took zofran when I was pregnant with DD and it made such a difference. I found two that I has left over and I took them this time and holy cow I forgot how much better they made me feel. I have a doc apt wed and I'm going to ask for them again.

THE angry uterus December 4th, 2011 06:07 AM

Zofran doesn't really work for me, but I have a script for it. I got it for my migraines. I don't like to take it because 1) it doens't really work but 2) it constipates me.

JesusisKing December 4th, 2011 11:57 AM

barefootbooklover- Yes, it really works for me. Almost immediately.
(It's different for everyone). I think it comes on gradually and you almost forget how awful you feel until you have a good day again.

sunny December 4th, 2011 12:49 PM

I need some.....the past two days I have been in bed almost all day long. No puking yet but the overwhelming nausea is awful :( I took it last pregnancy and I do remember it helping but I still puked but I am hoping it will kill the nausea this time around for me since that is all I have going on (so far!)

JSquaredMom December 4th, 2011 06:26 PM

I love this stuff...when it works! I was on 4 mg for about a week or week and a half and it was fabulous. Then, this past week it was like I wasn't even taking it. I got horrible all day nausea, AND I couldn't keep anything down. It was so unfair. My doc increased the dosage to 8mg, and that seems to help. It's only been 2 days, though, so I'm waiting to see what happens.

I'll agree - it completely constipates me...and I already was. :(

gratefulmama December 4th, 2011 07:06 PM

It works well for me, too. I find that if I take it when I am just starting to get nauseous and yucky, it seems to stave it off. It has been an absolute lifesaver this first trimester!

I don't like the horrible constipation that I have because of it, but I'd rather be constipated than feel like I have to puke. You pick your battles, I suppose.:smile:

jdd December 6th, 2011 05:49 AM

Agreed! Zofran is a lifesaver for m/s. Took it with #2, #3 and now #4!