JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Doc Visit.. tell me what you think.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2476358-doc-visit-tell-me-what-you-think.html)

brandi6088 January 16th, 2012 03:09 PM

Doc Visit.. tell me what you think....

K went to doc.. couldnt pee for the LIFE OF me so she did a ultrasound.. didnt see anything... finally peed sd my preggo test there was NEGATIVE she refused to give me a blood test even tho i showed her these.. that i took LAST NIGHT...
Mobile Uploads :: 1326755208.jpg picture by Brandi6088 - Photobucket
all she said is she doesnt know how reliable those are.. and to test again in TWO weeks..

sooo WTH?!?! what would you guys do???!!!

Grlsshp9 January 16th, 2012 03:20 PM

Re: Doc Visit.. tell me what you think....

There's really nothing you can do. :( It sucks but they get the last word! Just wait another week, and test again. I would definitely not wait two weeks to test after getting two positives at home, but wait a week and if it still says positive then I think you are!!! :D I think it's safe to say you are pregnant but 4 W is too soon sometimes. We alllll have to wait. I know it's horrible waiting. I have to wait two weeks for my U/S and it's eating away at my brain. If I can wait, you can too! :smile: GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!

SandyBeachSomewhere January 16th, 2012 03:22 PM

Find a different OB, because the one you have doesn't listen to what you want. It's not hard to order a blood test for you, and it would be an easy way to confirm if the pregnancy tests are accurate. You need a provider that listens to what you want and need.

JulieMc January 16th, 2012 03:36 PM

Did you just find out you're pregnant? Cuz if so...that's probably why it showed up negative and why nothing showed on u/s. It may be just to early.

brandi6088 January 16th, 2012 03:39 PM

ya... and im bleeding... thats the whole reason i went in... =(

JulieMc January 16th, 2012 03:41 PM

Get a second opinion. Call another OB tomorrow.

GeekLover11 January 16th, 2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyBeachSomewhere (Post 25478610)
It's not hard to order a blood test for you, and it would be an easy way to confirm if the pregnancy tests are accurate.

I agree, it would not have been and insane idea to do a blood test. I wonder why they didn't.:confused:

I hope this works out for you and everything is where it should be!!

pauriemmo January 16th, 2012 03:48 PM

That's awful. The office I go to will do a blood test whether you had a positive HPT or not. As long as you think you might be pregnant, they will do the test. You could've gotten a negative for any number of reasons.

RunningMommyTo5 January 16th, 2012 04:47 PM

I agree that you should find another OB. There's no harm in ordering BW. At 4 weeks, you will still show a negative if your urine is diluted and it wouldn't show anything on u/s other than your lining thickening up. It's too early for a gestational sac, even. If she's this dismissive to your concerns now, imagine how it'd be in later pregnancy. I'd go ahead and switch and see if they can get you in ASAP for BW. They can also follow up with another u/s next week to see if they can see the gestational sac. GL and KUP pn what you decide to do.

palmetto_moon January 16th, 2012 05:25 PM

Hi! Just popping in b/c I'm too scared to join just yet!
Remember that most doctor's office test are not as sensitive as the ones we buy over the counter at the store. It sounds counter intuitive but that is often the way it is. So for instance you may have enough to register preggo on a store bought test, but not yet enough HCG to trigger the office's test in which the amt of HCG needed to turn the test positive might be as much as 2X or more higher. At 4 weeks nothing would really be seen on the u/s either....
I agree with the other ladies...if she isn't willing to do a relatively simple thing like send you for blood work then I'd question her ability to provide quality care throughout your pregnancy.
Do you have a general practitioner who you see for routine things like the flu or strep throat? Call them and ask them to write you a RX for bloodwork...

Angelamomtomany January 16th, 2012 05:27 PM

I agree with everyone else. I would be looking for a new doc.

2Reasons2Smile January 16th, 2012 05:57 PM

I agree with eveyone else in that you should find a different dr or just goto the ER.

EJsMommy January 16th, 2012 06:13 PM

Ditto everyone else's comments!

SandyBeachSomewhere January 16th, 2012 06:51 PM

Heck.. I called my OB and said "I keep getting negative pregnancy tests, but I *feel* pregnant - I have symptoms!" and they ordered a blood test! (I was not pregnant, just anemic, lol).

amazing_love January 16th, 2012 07:43 PM

I agree with everyone else, i'd find a new OB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amf4976 (Post 25479231)
Hi! Just popping in b/c I'm too scared to join just yet!
Remember that most doctor's office test are not as sensitive as the ones we buy over the counter at the store. It sounds counter intuitive but that is often the way it is. So for instance you may have enough to register preggo on a store bought test, but not yet enough HCG to trigger the office's test in which the amt of HCG needed to turn the test positive might be as much as 2X or more higher. At 4 weeks nothing would really be seen on the u/s either....
I agree with the other ladies...if she isn't willing to do a relatively simple thing like send you for blood work then I'd question her ability to provide quality care throughout your pregnancy.
Do you have a general practitioner who you see for routine things like the flu or strep throat? Call them and ask them to write you a RX for bloodwork...

Oh my goodness, Congrats!!!! :D I'll be praying your little bean sticks this time!