JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   facebook group (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2476459-facebook-group.html)

onecraftymomma January 16th, 2012 07:02 PM

facebook group

Is there a facebook group for the sept 12 mommas??

3Sapphires January 16th, 2012 07:23 PM

Re: facebook group

I hope not facebook groups have been the death of other forums I visit :(

JulieMc January 16th, 2012 07:23 PM

I would caution against creating one until after our babies are here. Boards tend to swiftly die once a FB group is created, although in the chaos that comes with a new baby, FB is sometimes easier to check-in with the group than coming here....

GiftsfromGod January 16th, 2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieMc (Post 25479815)
I would caution against creating one until after our babies are here. Boards tend to swiftly die once a FB group is created, although in the chaos that comes with a new baby, FB is sometimes easier to check-in with the group than coming here....

I agree. I also think it is a little easier to get to know people in a JM forum at first.

lovemyleah January 16th, 2012 08:25 PM

I agree. I think we should wait until we know people here before creating a FB group....

PiXeYstyx January 16th, 2012 08:39 PM

Since the Message board I came from had that problem I hope JM doesn't because I love active message boards. I'm thrilled I found JM and how active it is.

amazing_love January 17th, 2012 07:55 AM

I have noticed that the boards i'm a part of get really slow once a FB group is created. Not necessarily bad, as long as they stay connected on FB and are ok with that. I agree on waiting until the babes are born before creating one.

Most DDCs will slow down A LOT once the babies are born. There are often times a lot of people who stop posting or rarely post.

SandyBeachSomewhere January 17th, 2012 10:17 AM

Not that I think this DDC is full of psycho stalkers, but I'd rather get to know y'all a little better before handing out my full name and life story. :p :D

I think JM groups die once the Facebook version exists because more people prefer Facebook, and the groups are usually private. As it stands, everything we put on this public version of the PR is visible to everyone to the whole world, and that makes me less inclined to share personal details and tidbits, ya know?

Then there is the private room that every PR gets, which I've never been a fan of. It's like a party inside a party, and people always feel left out, snubbed, or otherwise mistreated. I think the private groups cause more tension than the Facebook groups.

Shantastic27 January 17th, 2012 11:03 AM

I agree with getting to know each other better before creating a FB group. I love my FB PR group with my daughter--it's much easier for me to access than JM because I can access on my phone. JM should get an app!

twoboys January 17th, 2012 11:50 AM

I am not a huge fan of fb groups tbh, fb is personal and private to me. I look more forward to getting to know you ladies in here :)

Moldovandish January 17th, 2012 12:59 PM

Yes, great idea to wait on that till later.

MarineQueen January 17th, 2012 01:10 PM

I agree to wait till babies are here as well, by then, we'll know each other a lot better & like JulieMc said that its easier to check in with each other on FB when we're busy. (And we'll all be very busy after our babies are here!)