JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   hard time eating (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2476820-hard-time-eating.html)

3Sapphires January 17th, 2012 01:48 PM

hard time eating

today I felt like crap most of the day, and I have to force myself to eat, but once I get started it is all I want.

well other than the cereal I had this morning which made the heartburn significantly worse. The bagel I had today tasted like 2 more. But I had to force myself to eat the one the thought of it was nauseating.

I made chilli for dinner, but again the thought of it grosses me out.

Luckily DH is taking me to taco bell which sounds so much better!

MarineQueen January 17th, 2012 01:53 PM

Re: hard time eating

Aha! The pregnancy back & forth from starvation to can't look at a thing has begun! Were you like this with the boys?

3Sapphires January 17th, 2012 02:01 PM

I don't remember being this way, I either didn't want it, or couldn't eat if I tried.

now I can eat it, I just don't want to! LOL

Mrs_Crystal_K January 17th, 2012 02:11 PM

I'm having the same issue Ami. Occasionally I want to just pig out on something (it was sherbert last night), but in general, the thought of food makes me want to puke. And I'm a big girl, I like to eat! (LoL). I've found if you just snack a little here and there it's a little easier. Like this morning I had 1/2 bag of oatmeal, and then a couple hours later some fruit, then some pretzels, then a few bites of chicken sandwich.

pauriemmo January 17th, 2012 04:42 PM

I feel like I've been pigging out today and I never feel full. This is the first day that has happened. I don't know if it's because I've been able to overcome a lot of my anxiety, but all I want to do it eat.

Up until today, I've been eating 2 meals a day and a snack. Today I've had two meals and 3 snacks and I can still eat more.

RunningMommyTo5 January 17th, 2012 05:45 PM

Oh, Ami, I know what you mean. I just have to choke most anything down, but I still don't want to eat even when I get started. I'm also struggling to keep stuff down. I hope I have a couple of pig out days in my near future!!

BasHas3 January 17th, 2012 05:56 PM

This is the first time I am experiencing this it bitter sweet for me because I dont want to gain more than 15 pounds this pregnancy so my diet lately consist of saltine crackers water or ginger ale I cant stomach anything else

JulieMc January 17th, 2012 06:25 PM

Eating seems like such a chore. I already had the appetite of a pregnant woman with still nursing my daughter, and actually being pregnant on top of nursing has only made it worse. I have to force myself to eat, at minimum 2,500 calories a day, but 3,000 is more like what I need....less than that and I'm losing weight and feeling super lightheaded and sick. But ugh, that takes so much food and effort..and with a 2yr. old and a 1 yr. old its difficult at times.

lovemyleah January 17th, 2012 06:53 PM

Eating has become like that for me as well.

I feel hungry, but then eating makes me feel like I want to gag. And don't even talk about eating meat, or I will be repulsed.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this stage of pregnancy. I do find that eating frequently, eating fruity tasting, cold stuff helps.

MJTKNT January 17th, 2012 10:12 PM

Hey Amy- glad to see you in here-- we both had our losses at the same time (ectopic here). I'm not feeling like that yet, but I remember having a hard time eating with my first pregnancy!

3Sapphires January 18th, 2012 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJTKNT (Post 25485460)
Hey Amy- glad to see you in here-- we both had our losses at the same time (ectopic here). I'm not feeling like that yet, but I remember having a hard time eating with my first pregnancy!

Congrats!!! I hope this is your sticky bean!!!!

amazing_love January 18th, 2012 08:05 AM

I'm right there with ya! Speaking of bagels, i craved them so much the first 2 weeks (specifically veggie cream cheese). The other day i went to eat it and only had a few bits before having to throw it away. *sigh*