JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Thinking its time to make first appt. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2477072-thinking-its-time-to-make-first-appt.html)

MnAngel January 18th, 2012 06:45 AM

Thinking its time to make first appt.

I still have not done my first doctor appointment (Confirmation). I've just been so busy. I have been taking some over the counter prenatal's though. Would be nice to have a due date! lol. I assume it's going to be end of August or beginning of September. I wasn't keeping track. Have you all already been to the doctor?

3Sapphires January 18th, 2012 06:51 AM

Re: Thinking its time to make first appt.

my first appt isn't till the end of january.

pauriemmo January 18th, 2012 06:55 AM

I've had an ultrasound, but I haven't had my prenatal intake yet. They wanted to wait till after my u/s. I called yesterday to make my appt and they said that it can take up to 72 hours to return my call with my appt info. It's kind of frustrating. So, no, I haven't had my first appt yet.

proudmomtoEthan January 18th, 2012 08:02 AM

I'm having a blood test today and my appointment is Feb 21.

MarineQueen January 18th, 2012 08:07 AM

I'm still looking into Dr's & choosing one. Once I do, I'll call & make an appt.

So no, neither have I.

sandyjoys January 18th, 2012 08:20 AM

I called yesterday to make my appointment. I got my BFP on Thursday. They had me come in for blood work today, and my first ultrasound is scheduled for 7 weeks on Feb 6th. Then the following week, I meet with a Nurse Practitioner for intake. Then four weeks after I have my first Drs appointment.

I've been taking daily vitamins with 100% folic acid for awhile, so I'm just going to keep taking those. They are gummy and easy for me to get down.

Mrs_Crystal_K January 18th, 2012 08:35 AM

I got my first :bfp: on Friday, Jan 13. I just had my "Confirmation" appt. yesterday (Jan 17). My OB took blood yesterday for a progesterone and beta test. I go back again tomorrow for the progesterone results and a 2nd blood draw to make sure my hcg levels have doubled in 48 hours.

I have my first u/s and first prenatal visit on Feb 2 (about 7 weeks).

GiftsfromGod January 18th, 2012 10:55 AM

I haven't made my first appointment yet either. I know they won't want to see me until 9-10 weeks so they can try to hear the heartbeat with the doppler (no early u/s unless medically necessary) I figure I'm not in a big hurry to call. I'll probably call sometime next week to set it up.

Kris2you January 18th, 2012 11:07 AM

I haven't made an appointment with my OB yet but I've been seeing my RE. I just got my referral to see my OB, so I guess I'll be making an appointment soon. I am only almost 7 weeks so, still not in a rush I guess lol.

OatmealKisses January 18th, 2012 11:16 AM

My first appointment is this friday.

MnAngel January 20th, 2012 09:48 AM

I am considering waiting until the beginning of Feb to make my confirmation appointment. After that he will send me to see an OB for my first appointment...usually 2 to 4 weeks after confirmation. I guess I just don't see the point in going in so early.

MrsB1227 January 20th, 2012 10:21 AM

My first appt is Feb 7th. I will be a little over 9 weeks and will be getting an ultrasound.

Kierasmom January 20th, 2012 11:42 AM

I'm waiting until around 11 weeks unless I have a issue that requires help before then.

lovemyleah January 20th, 2012 01:24 PM

I've had two trans-vaginal u/s because of spotting. I go back on February 20 for an internal exam, bloodwork, etc. I will be around 11 weeks at that time.