JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   How long are you waiting... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2477085-how-long-you-waiting.html)

Mommy to 3 boys January 18th, 2012 07:06 AM

How long are you waiting...

to tell people?

DH and I decided we will only tell his and my parents when we see them next and not tell anyone else (not even brothers and sisters) until we find out the sex of the baby. We have 3 amazing boys so we constantly get the "are you going to try for a girl?" (because we totally have a say in the matter-insert sarcasm here lol) questions, comments and suggestions and I want to avoid that. After we find out I will be announcing to all my friends and family that I'm pregnant, it's a ___, and we are done having kids... that will hopefully avoid the questions and remarks lol.

3Sapphires January 18th, 2012 07:15 AM

Re: How long are you waiting...

we told my parents, I didn't want to tell them yet, but seeing as how my father is gravely ill and may pass I decided to go a head and tell my mom, she told my dad, but we don't know if he actually heard her or not.

Anyway, I won't be telling the inlaws until after my u/s and we will wait till we can get all of them in the same room. So it could be a while.

I'll make an announcement on FB sometime after 12 weeks.

MarineQueen January 18th, 2012 07:17 AM

:lol: That's a good idea! It would definately avoid all that drama from people!

We're going to wait as long as possible, & surprise everyone possibly on Easter! (I have to see when it is this year!)

SandyBeachSomewhere January 18th, 2012 07:17 AM

I told a few of my close friends, and of course some people on the internet, but that's it. We won't be telling our families for a while because we're a little bit afraid to, and that means we can't tell some friends because they can't keep a secret. :p We'll probably spill the official beans around 12-20 weeks.

Lyz January 18th, 2012 07:30 AM

3 of our 8 parents know (both DH and my parents are divorced and remarried) and my sister, and 2 friends. I'm waiting for the ultrasound on Jan 27th until we tell the rest of the family. FB will be announced sometime after 12 weeks

cowgirl_mommy January 18th, 2012 07:39 AM

Well we've told the DH mom, dad & sister and my sister, but everyone else we plan on telling once the first trimester is over and I might wait till 16 to 18 weeks bc that's when my DR usually allows us to find out the sex. :) I told with my son at exactly 8weeks, and my daughter I waited till 12 weeks and told everyone at our wedding reception :)

squiligi January 18th, 2012 12:32 PM

I've told everyone. My job deals with xray and cement fumes so work had to know and there aren't any secrets there :P

MJTKNT January 18th, 2012 12:37 PM

I just tell whoever I want (close friends and family, and some people on the internet who have no connection to anyone else I know IRL) . My thinking is that if something does happen, I'd rather have people to grieve with than feel like I need to deal with it all alone.

twoboys January 18th, 2012 12:37 PM

We will likely be telling people this weekend!! (close friends and family)

GiftsfromGod January 18th, 2012 12:52 PM

We have only told one person so far (DH twin brother). I am planning to tell one of my sisters in the area the next time I see her. We haven't decided for sure when we will tell our parents but it will be soon. Then we'll wait to make the announcement to everyone else after we hear the heartbeat (usually 9-10 weeks)

I think a lot of people will be surprised because they assumed after we had our girl that we were done so I'm sure we'll get some comments but oh well that's life :rolleyes:

sandyjoys January 18th, 2012 02:23 PM

I can't keep a secret, but I'm going to try and wait until my 7 week ultrasound in a few weeks. I've told three close friends and my parents. My mother-in-law's birthday is this weekend, so I'm going to dress my youngest son in a Big Brother t-shirt and see how long it takes for her to notice.

amazing_love January 18th, 2012 03:39 PM

I told my family and a couple friends. We're waiting to tell DH's family and everyone else until after the u/s since we don't trust them to keep a secret. I won't announce it on FB for awhile, probably in the 2nd tri. With my DS we waited until 12 weeks to tell anyone and i wanted to tell sooner this time :)

Mommy to 3 boys January 18th, 2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandyjoys (Post 25489049)
I can't keep a secret, but I'm going to try and wait until my 7 week ultrasound in a few weeks. I've told three close friends and my parents. My mother-in-law's birthday is this weekend, so I'm going to dress my youngest son in a Big Brother t-shirt and see how long it takes for her to notice.

That is how we told DH's parents when I was PG with DS #2 and it took like seconds lol.

I suck at keeping secrets too but I have a history of m/c (one just in Dec) so I try to keep it to a small group and mainly just to people who understand like my mom... to help me keep the secret, I've told my best friend... she actually knew before DH since DH was at work and didn't call me until the afternoon and I couldn't wait that long to talk about it lol.

Those with kids... how long do you wait to tell them?

GiftsfromGod January 18th, 2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy to 3 boys (Post 25489688)

Those with kids... how long do you wait to tell them?

We'll wait to tell them until we announce to everyone (so after we hear the heartbeat) because otherwise my 4yr would spill the beans (he was awful at Christmas with presents walking up to people and saying "I'm not telling you it's ____ it's a secret") :p Our 2 1/2yr old and 14 month old won't really understand right now.