JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   1, 2 ....... 3!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2477486-1-2-3-a.html)

cowgirl_mommy January 18th, 2012 09:33 PM

1, 2 ....... 3!!!

I remember being super worried about going from one baby to two, and the thoughts and feelings. It was rough on me for a few months. Now, im going from 2 to 3 babies, right now my nerves are still calm and collected, but with each passing day thinking about 3 kids all three years old or younger, I get kinda "OMG".... How did you make that jump? 2 kiddos to 3??

PiXeYstyx January 18th, 2012 10:32 PM

Re: 1, 2 ....... 3!!!

This is baby #2 for me, I feel the same as you did when you were going from 1 to 2. But I know I can handle it because I was worried how I was going to handle being a new mom with DD and I think I did pretty darn great. We often surprise our selves I think you will be fine ;)

cowgirl_mommy January 19th, 2012 02:37 AM

Thank you, I sure hope so. I keep telling my self it will be a piece of cake.

MarineQueen January 19th, 2012 03:22 AM

I think you'll do just fine. It's always scary when something big is about to change in your life! But trust me, you're gong to be thrilled with the new baby & so will the little ones! ;)

sandyjoys January 19th, 2012 05:21 AM

I'm going to 3 as well, but mine are older than yours, they will be 6 and almost 4 when baby arrives. I'm mostly worried about bedtime when the little one arrives. I know that those babies don't like to wait and my husband works late, so I worry I won't be able to do baths, books & cuddles like I do now because baby will be demanding my attention.

GiftsfromGod January 19th, 2012 06:02 AM

Going from one to two was hard for me (partially because they were 15 months apart and DS#2 was a challenging baby. But adding #3 was SO easy. She was/is such a laid back baby and just fit right in with our routines. It really didn't seem like much more work at all adding #3.

MrsTiffy January 19th, 2012 06:04 AM

I thought it was easier to go from 2 to 3 than it was to go from 1 to 2. I'm not to worried about adding a 4th right now.

RunningMommyTo5 January 19th, 2012 06:13 AM

I agree!!! Going from 1 to 2 wasn't bad at all for me, but going from 2 to 3 was soooo easy! You start to know what you're doing and know the routine. The good thing is that because you have the older kids, it almost forces you to have a routine and schedule with the baby and that makes baby so much happier and makes things so much easier. Now that we're adding #4, I'm really not worried at all!!! You can do this! It will be a breeze! :smile:

JulieMc January 19th, 2012 07:51 AM

I didn't find going from one to two particularly difficult, but I've heard that going from 2 to 3 is easy, and anything after 3 is too. What's one more? lol.

I think the only thing that concerns me are the logistical things, like how it's going to work when I have to take all three to the store with me....alone. My son will be 3, my daughter approaching 2, and then the new baby. But, I'm not that worried

curlygirl77 January 19th, 2012 08:07 AM

When i opened this i thought you were going to say they found three heartbeats o_O! i didnt have a problem going from 2 to 3.. I found it much harder going from 1 to 2.

cowgirl_mommy January 19th, 2012 08:20 AM

Thanks ladies :)

mommy2Breana+Brandon January 19th, 2012 11:33 AM

I have always heard that going from 2-3 is easier than going fromo 1-2 but I only have 2.

Good Luck and I am sure you will do fine.

Kierasmom January 19th, 2012 11:42 AM

Going from 2 to 3 was easy for me. You will do great, don't worry.

oicyur January 19th, 2012 11:51 AM

I was just telling my husband last night that I think the challenge of having more than one is learning how to juggle. Once you learn how to juggle more than one it's not a lot different adding on more. You're already in the routine of juggling, so it just makes things a little different.

But that being said, with every one that I add on I have a lot of "oh crap" moments when I wonder what I've gotten myself into before they get here! :lol: But you manage what you're given.

SandyBeachSomewhere January 19th, 2012 12:42 PM

Guess I'll be the voice of descent! I found 1-2 relatively easy (they were 19 months apart), but 2-3 was hard (my 2 and 3 are 14 months apart). Three in diapers, three car seats (buckling and unbuckling everyone!), trying to control three kids when I only have two arms, grocery store carts usually only hold 1 or 2, very rarely 3.. It was a hard transition.

But it got easier. My older kids learned about taking turns having their needs met, and were forced to learn some patience (and so was I!). It all worked out. =)

NYCgirl January 19th, 2012 02:04 PM

My first three were close and I found going from one to two fine. BUT going from two to three so HARD!! It was my breaking point! I just didn't have enough hands and someone always needed something right as I was helping another with something else. DH works and I had NO help as we live 3,000 miles away from home and we didn't even have a car!

I think what made it harder was everyone said it was easy! Having a newborn, an 18 month old and a 4 year old was a nightmare! Not now though it is really easy they are all friends.

I'd say organization is key!

The BEST advice I ever got was when leaving the house give 15 min per person! So it would take over and hour to get our the door! But it worked. :)

amazing_love January 19th, 2012 03:16 PM

I get nervous going from 1 to 2 but then i think back on how difficult having my first baby was and i just know it couldn't possibly be as hard as that was!! Unless of course its twins but we're not counting on that :shhh: