JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   First appointment! Whew! Glad that's over! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2477707-first-appointment-whew-glad-thats-over.html)

Sprinkle 2010 January 19th, 2012 10:58 AM

First appointment! Whew! Glad that's over!

I had my first appt early this morning. Got all the necessary physical stuff out of the way. They had an unexpected opening in ultrasound so we got to go in and se our little "Button!" It is always so amazing to see that there actually is a baby inside and hear the heartbeat. The tech said everything looked good and gave me a due date of August 31. Hope you will still let me be in the September Club!

When they were doing all of my lab blood work, I passed out cold! I've never been good with that stuff, but didn't expect this. Guess it was too early in the morning and the trimester! I remember being in the chair and then woke up on the floor with about 10 nurses around me! Yikes, guess I will be laying down for any future blood draws!

It is so thrilling to actually see the baby in there. I have taken so many tests, but its nice to have confirmation!

sweet.hun January 19th, 2012 11:02 AM

Re: First appointment! Whew! Glad that's over!

Congrats! Glad you got to see your little bean!

GeekLover11 January 19th, 2012 11:10 AM

Awesome!!! :yellowcheer: That first ultrasound is so amazing. I am so glad that everything went well, with the exception of the passing out thing!! My DH is the same exact way, he can't handle blood very well.

JulieMc January 19th, 2012 11:35 AM

Glad everything went well. Hopefully next time you'll handle the blood draw better.

amazing_love January 19th, 2012 02:59 PM

Congrats! Glad all is well with baby! And of course you are still part of our DDC silly!! Who knows, its very possible they might be telling me that my due date is Aug 31!

RunningMommyTo5 January 19th, 2012 05:14 PM

Woohoo!!! Always good to find your EDD is bumped up, and of course you can hang out with us! What a wonderful blessing to see the little bean! So sorry about passing out! I've gotten light-headed a couple of times, but can't say I've experienced what you did today. I'm glad you're ok and didn't hit your head or anything on the way down!

2Reasons2Smile January 19th, 2012 05:16 PM

Yay congrats for seeing "button". Scary that you passed out during the blood work though.