JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Freaked out (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2478120-freaked-out.html)

DaniM0820 January 20th, 2012 09:20 AM

Freaked out

I just had a small amount of brown discharge when I wiped. Despite reading tons of sites saying that it's normal, I'm still really worried and freaked out :(
I don't have any heavy cramping, just the bloated feeling and the dull "ache" I've had for a lot of the pregnancy (growing pains?)

Anyone else get brown discharge and turn out ok? I really hope it stops and doesn't progress to anything more...

Kierasmom January 20th, 2012 09:45 AM

Re: Freaked out

It's totally normal, and I've had it in a few of my pregnancies. Brown blood/discharge is old blood, and not a sign of anything bad. Hugs, I know it's scary. Put your feet up and take it easy today. :)

MnAngel January 20th, 2012 09:50 AM

I have not had it this pregnancy but I have had it in previous and everything was super fine. This is normal, please relax. Last thing you need is stress :-) You're gonna be just fine hun!

DaniM0820 January 20th, 2012 09:54 AM

Thanks ladies. I'm stuck at work but luckily I'm an editor so I get to sit on my butt the rest of the afternoon and put my feel up on my computer tower :)

When I went to the bathroom again there was nothing and I still don't have any heavy cramping so I'm hoping it was just a fluke. Ugh I thought I would be able to get through this without any bleeding, but apparently not.

On the plus side, I do feel naseous now. Nausea is a great sign, right?? :lol:

Kierasmom January 20th, 2012 09:58 AM

Nausea is a great sign! Glad you can take it easy!

GeekLover11 January 20th, 2012 10:00 AM

JUST happened to me!! I called my doctor this morning and she said as long as I don't have abnormally painful cramping and an increase in spotting I should be fine. She is pretty confident that mine started by straining when having a BM. So she told me to increase my water intake to at least 70 ounces a day and add a stool softener.

I was exactly like you! Completely freaking out and hysterically crying last night. Just take a deep breath and take care of yourself. I am positive that you are fine!! It is just so scary.

Moldovandish January 20th, 2012 10:27 AM

Nausea is good! Try to relax and take it easy! I know how scary it can be.

ohfiddleheads January 20th, 2012 12:41 PM

I had brown discharge a few times. The first time I saw it it freaked me out too, but I had an ultrasound at 12 weeks and saw my healthy bean snoozing away.

amazing_love January 20th, 2012 03:07 PM

Brown discharge isn't something to be concerned about although i know easy for me to say! Take it easy, i'm sure all is fine :)