JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Couponing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2478969-couponing.html)

twoboys January 22nd, 2012 03:21 PM

Couponing

Do you coupon?

SandyBeachSomewhere January 22nd, 2012 03:29 PM

Re: Couponing

I used to. But since we switched over to healthier food choices I all but stopped. I have a stockpile of the toiletries as is, and will probably cut some coupons when I start running out of those. And I may want diaper coupons from now on, since Amazon Mom's diaper deal is less amazing these days. Other than that, no. I do shop two for ones and sales, though.

twoboys January 22nd, 2012 03:41 PM

I need to learn how to coupon for paper products, toiletries and diapers!!

Lyz January 22nd, 2012 03:43 PM

I coupon for the toiletries as well but not so much for food. I haven't gotten the hang of it plus I try to buy healthy options and the coupons aren't usually for those.

twoboys January 22nd, 2012 03:44 PM

I know I could save so much, but honestly I have so very little time! I need to make time though!

PiXeYstyx January 22nd, 2012 03:53 PM

Food deals are harder to come by then they used to be, I do allot better on non food items. I'm still pretty stocked on HBA items, and things of those nature.

GiftsfromGod January 22nd, 2012 04:07 PM

No I don't. Like Kes said we have switched to a healthier/whole foods diet and don't eat cereal, processed food etc with is what most coupons are for. We don't use many paper goods. I cloth diaper and we use cloth towels instead of paper towels. I buy in bulk meat in bulk from DH's work (he works at a food warehouse so we can order a few items per month at the price the grocery stores pay) and find a lot of great deals on Amazon subscribe and save. I shop sales for fruits & veggies. It would take more time that it would be worth it to me for the amount I would save.

SandyBeachSomewhere January 22nd, 2012 04:09 PM

I wish we had more storage space for frozen goods. I'd love to stock up on meats and things when there are sales, but we just don't have space to store it. Now that we've gone partially-primal, we're considering investing in a spare freezer so we can buy meat when it's cheap.

.Nikki. January 22nd, 2012 04:10 PM

i do i do!!! we eat healthy, it is a little harder but i do really well. on average i save $40-$50 in coupons every shopping trip (well our once a month big shop)

sexypepsi25 January 22nd, 2012 04:12 PM

I do with our large family it's become almost a necessity, I'm still learning myself, the most I saved was 65.00 in groccerys.

GiftsfromGod January 22nd, 2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyBeachSomewhere (Post 25506159)
I wish we had more storage space for frozen goods. I'd love to stock up on meats and things when there are sales, but we just don't have space to store it. Now that we've gone partially-primal, we're considering investing in a spare freezer so we can buy meat when it's cheap.

Yeah we couldn't afford to do a grain free diet if we didn't have a deep freeze to buy up meat in bulk and freeze it. I can't imagine being without my deep freeze.

Kierasmom January 22nd, 2012 07:37 PM

Not really. I use some coupons at Costco, but I lean towards organic, natural foods and you don't really see a lot of coupons around here for that kind of food. I also don't use a lot of paper products.

MarineWife_03 January 23rd, 2012 07:14 PM

I do mostly for toiletry items, not as much food items. I have a ton of toothpaste, toothbrushes that were free. And a whole cabinet of shampoo, deoderant and body wash. I wish I could get into it for food, but it's too much work for me!!

I do have one tub of wipes I got with coupons a few months ago because it was .40! So once we get a for sure go on this pregnancy, I'm going to start looking for the deals on wipes and diapers!

JulieMc January 23rd, 2012 09:41 PM

Nope. To really save you have to invest too much time, and IMO, time is money. Plus, most of the coupons out there are for crap food.