JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   what's your weather like? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2489027-whats-your-weather-like.html)

3Sapphires February 13th, 2012 10:25 AM

what's your weather like?

what kind of weather are you having?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is most certainly winter here! While we do have cold days, this morning it was 18 degrees (F), we have the odd day where it gets up into the 50's or 60, I think wednesday it it supposed to be 50 something.

We haven't had a very bitter winter - I am thankful for that. We haven't had a lot of snow either, and I am bit bummed, I want to go play in the snow! haha! But last year I lived in New Jersey and we had a major snow event every week from early January through the first week in April. I was so tired of shoveling!

Kris2you February 13th, 2012 10:30 AM

Re: what's your weather like?

Freezing rain with ice mixed in. It's about 36 here now.

AmyT February 13th, 2012 10:41 AM

It's snowing here today :cheer: Which happens very rarely! I think we are supposed to get 1-4" today, but it's supposed to be in the upper 50's by wednesday, so it won't last :( It's been a super MILD winter this year. Hoping we get a little snow that the kids can actually play in at least 1 more time this winter.

momma_d February 13th, 2012 10:42 AM

we had freezing rain and a tiny bit of snow last night. Its in the 30s so its felt really cold to us!

Mrs_Crystal_K February 13th, 2012 01:02 PM

Around 30 here today in Colorado. Brrrrrrr!!! More snow possible on Wednesday. I am ready for Spring!!!!

Blessed Mommy Of 5 February 13th, 2012 03:09 PM

Cold weather but not much snow this winter. Not even enough to build a snowman; the kids were disappointed. I was as well because I wanted snow for Christmas. The weather is still so cold outside. We are supposed to have a winter storm tonight with up to 2" accumulation. Still, that isn't much snow.

MJTKNT February 13th, 2012 03:24 PM

It's windy and snowy on and off today, but not enough to really hold anything on the ground. It's been very cold since Saturday (13-20 degrees), which isn't abnormal for this time of year, but in the weeks leading up to this it's been 50s and 60s. Strange weather this winter!

mommysoon February 13th, 2012 03:33 PM

Mid 30's near Atlanta today. We are expecting sleet/rain/snow mix tonight, but it will be gone by morning since it's not supposed to drop below freezing. This week has been really cold for us, but overall, it's been a super mild winter.
Last year was worse- We had a suprise snow/ice storm that ended with 7 inches of snow topped with an inch or two of ice. Since that's so unusual for this area, we aren't equipped to handle it. Roads were not passable (something like only 4 snow plows in the entire metro area) and we were housebound for almost a week. We ran out of everything! I was not prepared and thought I was going to have to potty train the 17 month old because we were running out of diapers! The grocery stores were closed and when they opened the shelves were empty- I ended up making lots of baked goods from scratch just so we'd have something to eat because we had run out of almost everything, so I'm happy for a warm winter this year! :D

MarineWife_03 February 13th, 2012 09:00 PM

A little rainy and 60 here in San Deigo! I'm used to Chicago's winters! This is MUCH better here!! Last year I got snowed in at work!! I literally had to shovel my car out. Luckily I work at a nice hotel , so it wasn't as bad. But no snow here.

Bobb February 14th, 2012 04:12 AM

28 F in Romania. It's warm. Yesterday it dropped like 17 inches of snow so today everything is white and fluffy. :heart: The bad thing, though, is that underneath the snow is ice like glass, so I have to be extra careful where I step.
Before the snow, last week we even had -4 F and this weekend they predict around 5 F. :eek:

smashley8 February 14th, 2012 04:20 AM

The weather has been so weird here! I live in Syracuse, NY which was rated the snowiest city in the U.S., LOL. But we haven't had TOO much snow this year, in fact we've had some 40s and 50s in the middle of what was supposed to be our winter! I think today is supposed to get up to a high of 39.

MrsTiffy February 14th, 2012 06:40 AM

Today it is supposed to be rainy and 73. I could do without the rain, but at least it isn't snowing.

YumPickles February 14th, 2012 06:43 AM

Its gross and cold and icy. I think it is in the teens. I can't even bring myself to open the shades, lol.

I want to move back to Texas! :tantrum:

ShutterBabe February 14th, 2012 09:32 AM

its been in the 80s the last few days. Today is 45 with wind and rain! I'm freezing!