JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Surprise, secret u/s! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2504071-surprise-secret-u-s.html)

Mrs_Crystal_K March 20th, 2012 02:29 PM

Surprise, secret u/s!

So I went to see an u/s tech today at the Radiologists's office about the big lump in my thigh. It was not pleasant having her push all over it because the lump is very tender/painful to touch. Hopefully I hear back from the Radiologist in a few days about what this lump is and what (if anything) needs to be done next...

Anyways, I told the tech I was pregnant and she said "Shhh, don't tell anyone" and went up onto my belly and let me see my little bub!
:wub:

My LO was already bigger than last week! He was bouncing all over and doing vogue movements with his hands like he was dancing :giggle: it was so cool!

I was so glad and appreciative that she turned my not so pleasant appt into a much happier one :D

momma_d March 20th, 2012 02:42 PM

Re: Surprise, secret u/s!

Aww that was so nice of her!

Sagga02 March 20th, 2012 03:10 PM

Awww that was super nice of her. :)

Blessed Mommy Of 5 March 20th, 2012 03:14 PM

That was really nice to let you see your little baby :) Yay!

GiftsfromGod March 20th, 2012 04:44 PM

That's really nice. My cousin had gallbladder problems during one of her pregnancies and had to get an u/s to check for gallstones and the tech refused to move the want over a few more inches to let her see the baby. She thought that was kind of silly since the u/s was in the same general area.

hikermama March 20th, 2012 05:29 PM

That's so nice. I had an ultrasound on my breast last week and asked the tech if she could look at the baby and she said no.

Mommy to 3 boys March 20th, 2012 05:31 PM

That is so great that you got to see the baby. I think it's great when u/s techs are like that. I hate the ones that say they can't... they can but they don't feel like it.

RunningMommyTo5 March 20th, 2012 06:12 PM

That's so great!!! What an awesome tech. Hope you get great news about the lump quickly, too.

Enitsirk March 21st, 2012 06:52 AM

Aww how nice of her!

GeekLover11 March 21st, 2012 07:24 AM

That is so awesome :)

Moldovandish March 21st, 2012 08:44 AM

Yay for a nice surprise! hope you have good results!

bettyearl March 21st, 2012 09:01 AM

Awww! How rare and cool! Any results yet on the lump?

Mrs_Crystal_K March 21st, 2012 12:14 PM

Thanks ladies :smile:

The Radiologist called my OB and she called me to give me some info. The Radiologist thinks it's a cluster of enlarged lymph nodes. The largest of them is 3 1/2 by 1 1/2 inches. My OB also mentioned a possible "vascular malformation" because there are blood vessels traveling through them.

She said it's "possibly" due to the pregnancy hormones. Which we already know has reeked havoc on my system; i.e. the severe itching skin condition that's just now getting better after weeks of treatment.

She said it's very odd. But didn't sound like it was too serious (I hope). There are lots of reasons lymph nodes can become enlarged, but it's usually an infection, so that does still concern me, just because of the prgnancy, I don't want anything that could hurt my little bub.

I'm going to meet with a General Surgeon tomorrow at 1:30 PM to hopefully find out what's next.

amazing_love March 21st, 2012 02:23 PM

Yay for seeing baby!! Hope the lump is gone soon!

jennylynnf March 22nd, 2012 09:28 AM

oh how cool! that was awesome of her to do!