JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Allergies! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2505080-allergies.html)

Sprinkle 2010 March 22nd, 2012 07:35 PM

Allergies!

Anybody else suffering?
Here in the deep south the pollen is coating everything!! My white truck looks yellow! Its so gross. And my allergies are in full force right now. I'm taking zyrtec, and maybe its helping?! And I know Afrin is a no-no (not for baby, just in general), but its totally my BFF right now. Only way I can breath!!!

Other allergy sufferers, what are you doing?

Stepp_Ann March 23rd, 2012 04:08 AM

Re: Allergies!

Here in Ga everything is yellow and I am seriously suffering as well. Have not found a good solution yet.

mommysoon March 23rd, 2012 05:03 AM

Yep! Pollen count was close to 10,000 yesterday in Atlanta (anything over 120 is considered very high, if I'm not mistaken). I've had a low grade headache for three days, but my older DD is miserable. We had a nice storm last night, so I'm hoping we'll have a little relief. We've been staying inside as much as possible.

RunningMommyTo5 March 23rd, 2012 06:06 AM

You know I'm not far from you in GA, just a little south, and YES, the pollen is ridiculous. I can't go outside without sneezing and itching like crazy. I feel like I need a shower if I even walk outside for a second. I've been having a sinus headache for days. Ugh...

Sprinkle 2010 March 23rd, 2012 07:25 AM

Ha, ha I have to laugh! All of us are from Georgia! Guess it really is something in the air around here, huh?!
I though the rain might help mine, but so far I think its worse.:mad:

Kierasmom March 23rd, 2012 12:00 PM

My allergies are awful right now. I use Claritin, Flonase, and Afrin. I feel congested almost all the time. Sucks.

InnocentDevil March 23rd, 2012 12:02 PM

Allergies are worse and earlier this year because tress never stopped producing pollen in the Winter. I was told by my doctor that I'm allowed to take Benedryl, but it knocks me out so I'm too afraid of what it'll do to the baby. Right now, I just suffer. :(

luvmyabsolute March 23rd, 2012 01:14 PM

I am allergic to shedding horses, well you know what horses are doing by the handfuls right now! LOL........ Needless to say I have been suffering the past couple weeks. I got a TON of hair off my stud yesterday and I am sure I will get just as much this evening. I just suffer through it but my dr told me benedryl is fine to take.

Kansascity kitty March 23rd, 2012 05:24 PM

VA is pretty bad to, but must admit when I lived in GA it was heck a bad! Pollen counts are going to be at the highest ever this year since winter was a bust and everything bloomed earlier. Anyhow Zertec 10mg, cool mist humidifier, and benedryl.

squiligi March 24th, 2012 08:27 AM

Mine are KILLING me. I work where I see OB docs a couple times a week so I asked if I could take Zyrtec. I was given the go-ahead. It's been a life saver.

Lyz March 24th, 2012 09:16 AM

I'm dying over here! I take Claritin D because I need the decongestant. I normally take precription strength Allegra D but it's not approved so this will have to do. It helps with the sneezing and congestion but the headaches are the worst. I have a bad one today and nothing is helping. It's raining right now and I hope once it stops I'll have some relief. I have to go to a 2 year old bday party today :(

mommysoon March 24th, 2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprinkle 2010 (Post 25795586)
Ha, ha I have to laugh! All of us are from Georgia! Guess it really is something in the air around here, huh?!
I though the rain might help mine, but so far I think its worse.:mad:

I think you might be right. We've had a lot of rain the last couple of days and my headache is as bad as ever.

jennylynnf March 24th, 2012 10:46 AM

in LA sneezing daily...... I take benedryl to sleep about 2 times a week, but nothing for allergies, I already have to take wellbuterin for bipolar, trying to stay away from taking to much meds or mixing them right now so i just choose to tough it out along with the ocassional headache