JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Hodgkins Lymphoma :-( ** UPDATE ** (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2505314-hodgkins-lymphoma-update.html)

Mrs_Crystal_K March 23rd, 2012 12:44 PM

Hodgkins Lymphoma :-( ** UPDATE **

Hey girls,

Surgery this morning was not fun, it was extremely painful. They showed me the lymph node it was the size of a peach.
The surgeon rushed it to Pathology.

The Pathologist called quickly and preliminary results are Hodgkins Lymphoma; cancer.

I have been hysterical all morning. Very glad my mom is with me. We are meeting with the Oncologist in 2 hours. First step will be determining how advanced the cancer is. Then, deciding on course of action. Can't be aggressive until baby is born.

Found out the severe skin itching I have is a symptom of Hodgkins Lymphoma.

Very scary day. Please pray for me.

** UPDATE **

I met with the Oncologist and she is an awesome lady.... Next week, I will be getting an MRI of my chest, abdomen, and pelvis to scan for other infected lymph nodes. I will also be having a bone marrow biopsy to see if the cancer is in my bones. This will help determine what Stage I'm in; I, II, III, or IV.
They will also place a port in my chest for the chemo. Generally the bone marrow biopsy is done under anesthesia but since I'm pregnant they can't, so I will just make it through...

I guess there are some chemo meds that are okay in pregnancy... I'm also going to be seeing a high risk OBGYN from now on to monitor my Bub while I'm going through all of this... My Oncologist has successfully treated other pregnant women with my diagnosis and is currently treating a pregnant lady with breast cancer...

I'm meeting with the high risk OB on Monday and she will let us know when exactly we can start chemo, probably in the next couple of weeks. I will have to go in for chemo every 2-3 weeks. The duration of treatment will depend on what Stage the Lymphoma is in. Of course I will end up losing my hair, but that's the last of my concerns right now.

I feel a little better after talking to the Oncologist, at least I know the next steps now. I just pray to God that the Lymphoma is in the early stage...

amazing_love March 23rd, 2012 12:47 PM

Re: Hodgkins Lymphoma :-(

Oh sweetie!! I am so very sorry to hear this :( How scary. Hopefully its the beginning stages. I will continue praying for you.

BIG :dothug:

hikermama March 23rd, 2012 12:48 PM

Sorry to hear it, I will definately be praying for you. God can work miracles.

curlygirl77 March 23rd, 2012 12:51 PM

omg i am so sory! what a total shock that must be. huge <hugs>

MrsTiffy March 23rd, 2012 12:52 PM

I will keep you in my thoughts! I can't even imagine how scared you must be.

Blessed Mommy Of 5 March 23rd, 2012 12:54 PM

I am so sorry :( I will be praying for you. Please keep us updated.

**BIG HUGS**

InnocentDevil March 23rd, 2012 12:55 PM

Oh man. I am so sorry to hear this news. I'll be praying for you. :(

smashley8 March 23rd, 2012 12:55 PM

Oh Crystal, I don't even know what to say. We are all here for you and I am hoping and praying for the absolute best!

bettyearl March 23rd, 2012 01:00 PM

Oh my GOSH Crystal!! Will be praying for you.

Kierasmom March 23rd, 2012 01:03 PM

I'm so sorry! I will be praying for you! :dothug:

Lyz March 23rd, 2012 01:07 PM

wow, not what I was expecting! I hope it's in the order stages and everything holds off until after the baby is born. I'm so sorry :(

momma_d March 23rd, 2012 01:13 PM

oh no Crystal, I can't even believe it! I am so so sorry you are going through all of this! God really does work miracles and I will be praying for you to get through all of this! I'm so glad that you went in right away to your doctor and didn't wait! Please keep us all updated and we will all be thinking of your! Positive thoughts only!

mommyto2littlegirlies March 23rd, 2012 01:14 PM

I don't know what to say, Crystal. We will be praying for you during this difficult time. I pray it's in the very early stages and can be treated rapidly after the baby is born. So sorry.

Panda March 23rd, 2012 01:16 PM

OMG i am sorry that you are going through this please keep us updated i will be praying for you!!

3Sapphires March 23rd, 2012 01:23 PM

Oh Crystal, I am so sorry to hear this news! I pray you caught it early!

You are in my prayers!

Moldovandish March 23rd, 2012 01:32 PM

I'm so sorry! My niece got diagnosed with it last spring and she went through a few months of chemo and is now cancer-free. I pray you get the same end result! If you need to connect with her I'd be happy to give you her contact information.

underhermantle March 23rd, 2012 01:34 PM

I have been praying for you and will continue. i am so sorry. I had a friend who had that in college and she is doing fantastic now. Love and prayers to you and baby!

Sagga02 March 23rd, 2012 01:37 PM

I am so so sorry to hear this. You are in my T's & P's. Please lean on us. HUGS

Sprinkle 2010 March 23rd, 2012 01:37 PM

I am so sorry to hear that. We will all be thinking of you and sending lots of prayers your way. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

nroundtr March 23rd, 2012 01:39 PM

I'll be praying...keep us updated...