JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   O'Douls Anyone? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2505658-odouls-anyone.html)

writerchick324 March 24th, 2012 02:09 PM

O'Douls Anyone?

I have been wanting beer, but refuse to take in any alcohol. It's my birthday today, and last night we went to the bar so I could get the onion rings I have been wanting (dipped in ranch and hot wing sauce lol). My boyfriend said I could get an O'Douls, since they are non-alcoholic. I did, and it tasted great! Just what I had been missing!

Then, I saw the label...it said "Less than 0.5% alcohol by volume". Checking the beer site, it's listed at having 0.4% alcohol by volume. Is that bad to have? Even after reading that, I had another. I won't drink a real beer, but the O'Douls really hit the spot! Do you guys thing I am horrible for having two "non-alcoholic" beers? I am on the fence about it, since there IS some in there. I don't know how much that really is compared to what is normal. If it's practically non-existent or if I drank and did something bad. :(

Mommy to 3 boys March 24th, 2012 02:22 PM

Re: O'Douls Anyone?

I craved beer really bad with my second and thought about having a non alcoholic until I found out it did actually have some. I didn't end up drink any. I personally wont but I think it's partly a personal choice. I couldn't even stomach a small glass of wine when I was 37 weeks and the doctor told me to have one (to help me sleep instead of taking medications) so I know just the thought of it upsets my stomach. That's me though. I never looked up what that amount could do to the baby or anything so I don't know. I couldn't even drink before I knew I was pregnant because there was the chance (since we were trying)... I tried because it was new years but my stomach wouldn't let me drink more than a sip.

NYCgirl March 24th, 2012 02:25 PM

I am sure you'll be FINE! :) (It's my birthday today as well ;) )

Happy Birthday!

jennylynnf March 24th, 2012 03:04 PM

i had odouls last night with crawfish! yummy! a little bit wont hurt the baby, some doctors will even recommend having 1 beer or glass of wine every 2 weeks bc there are studies showing it HELPS the baby, Fetal alcohol poising is only caused by large amounts of alcohol and any information on it will tell you that. The US just recommends NONE bc no studies in the US have been done on just a litle. But they have been in many other countries, and US doctors recommend some even here at the army hospital I use. Its a personal decision that many ppl might give you hell for. i choose odouls. :)

3Sapphires March 24th, 2012 03:50 PM

I seriously considered getting a virgin drink today, but what I really wanted was a midori sour, kida hard to have a midori sour with no midori! LMAO!

I wouldn't drink an O'douls. but I don't like beer!

My b-day is tomorrow :D

writerchick324 March 24th, 2012 04:27 PM

Midori Sour is my favorite drink!

The only beer I like is Bud Light, and luckily, the O'Douls tasted just like it! I don't like the taste of any other beer, so I lucked out!

How crazy that we have so many Bdays so close together!

lovemyleah March 24th, 2012 05:28 PM

Happy Birthday to all of you! I won't have any alcohol while pregnant, but that's me...then again, I don't even like beer. Do what you feel most comfortable with. :)

jennylynnf March 24th, 2012 06:10 PM

happy birthday everyone!

InnocentDevil March 24th, 2012 07:18 PM

I think you'll be fine. Mouthwash and cough syrup have more alchol than that. I've been wanting beer too... Forgot all about O'Douls!! LOL.

Repti.Mom March 25th, 2012 08:50 AM

I drink a beer quite frequently with dinner. Doesn't bother me one bit. Like someone else stated, in other countries they have a glass of wine with just about every meal, pregnant or not. I'm pretty sure they even serve children wine, but that's a different story :lol: I had my first beer (1/2 actually) on St. Patty's day. I just drank what was left after making beer bread. Couldn't stomach it before that at all! Just the smell make my stomach turn. It does taste pretty darn good with grilled food though, a nice rare burger, some potato salad and a beer :lol:

RedRose_xo March 25th, 2012 08:55 AM

I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine :) I've been craving a dry white wine all week, but so far I've restrained myself!

InnocentDevil March 25th, 2012 08:58 AM

I had a glass of white zin on St. Patrick's day. I had a grand total of three glasses of win while pregnant with Kelly and she's absolutely fine... above average even. LOL

Calmdownlindsey March 25th, 2012 09:25 AM

I've been a big fan of Becks Non-alcoholic :D

Would rather have a gin and tonic with the warm weather we've having!

Lyz March 25th, 2012 02:19 PM

I've been craving the heck out of wine but haven't because I have this fear that something would be wrong with the baby and I would never forgive myself. fwiw, my uncle used to give my cousin o'douls when she was a toddler because she LOVED the taste of beer (this was almost 30 years ago). So I wouldn't worry. As long as you aren't doing it everyday, that little bit of alcohol is nothing. I think regular beer has over 5% alcohol content??

Repti.Mom March 26th, 2012 07:35 AM

Most of the common beers are 5, light are 4.2.

amazing_love March 26th, 2012 04:51 PM

Its a personal choice. I don't ever drink, pregnant or not. Not all the alcohol gets cooked out of breads and other foods like that which is something i didn't realize until recently so i'm sure there are several people out there having very small amounts even though they don't realize it.

Love_09 March 26th, 2012 05:14 PM

I'm sure you'll be fine as will baby. I personally don't drink while pregnant but I did have alcohol a few times before i knew with my first baby and he's fine.