JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Fall down the steps (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2507732-fall-down-steps.html)

proudmomtoEthan March 29th, 2012 03:46 PM

Fall down the steps

I was taking the trash out and ended up falling down the steps and twisted both my ankles and slammed my back in the cement. I had a doctors appointment today and turns out I badly sprained my ankle, so now I have a brace and cruches. I broke my back a while ago and now have pissed off every damed nerve in my back, so Im in a lot of pain. I also had an OB appointment and baby is great, moving and waving to us, I am so relieved that my little bean is ok.

I am so mad at myself for falling down. I have u/s pics but I am not on my computer so have to wait to upload them. The doctor did a gender guess since I have been having a crappy 2 days and she is 80% sure it is a girl. I'm not going to go buy clothes, I know it is early, we will see if this little one is a girl at my 20 week appointment.

:mad: so pissed I am unable to do things I need, specially taking care of Ethan. Luckily dh is home and picking up the slack.

smashley8 March 29th, 2012 03:56 PM

Re: Fall down the steps

Oh my goodness, so glad baby is okay but I'm SO sorry you hurt yourself! Take it easy so you can recover as quickly as possible, keep us updated!!

InnocentDevil March 29th, 2012 03:57 PM

That really sucks. Glad baby is okay though. How long are you on crutches? At least you won't be on them when you're really big. Hope you heal quick.

proudmomtoEthan March 29th, 2012 04:01 PM

I'm on the crutches for about 3 weeks they said. I go back in two weeks to make sure it's not a fracture since I opt out of the x-rays.

Calmdownlindsey March 29th, 2012 04:04 PM

Ugh- that sucks :(

As if a pregnant person needs one more pain/inconvenience!

GiftsfromGod March 29th, 2012 04:07 PM

Sorry you fell :( Glad to hear the baby is doing well. When I was 8 months pregnant with DS#2 I slipped and fell (twice on the same day in different spots) on ice in the parking lot of my doctor's office on the way to my appointment. They had to hook me up to monitors for a couple hours and do an u/s to make sure the placenta wasn't bleeding or anything (I fell on my side)

I hope you feel better quickly and are able to get around without too much trouble.

amazing_love March 29th, 2012 04:23 PM

Sorry about the fall!! I'm glad baby is okay but that must stink to be in pain :( I tripped over a chair and fell the other day (nothing nearly as bad as your fall). I think i forget that my balance is not what it usually is. How exciting that about (probably) having a girl though!!!!

jennylynnf March 29th, 2012 04:34 PM

Hope u heal quickly and glad the baby is ok.

NYCgirl March 29th, 2012 05:12 PM

I am sorry! That is annoying. But I am glad you two are ok/

Kris2you March 29th, 2012 05:45 PM

Sorry you are hurting! I would feel the same way, being angry at myself. But I am glad LO is ok!

Blessed Mommy Of 5 March 29th, 2012 06:29 PM

Sorry about your fall! That's awful to be in so much pain and have to be on crutches while pregnant. I'm so glad to hear baby is okay!! I hope you heal quickly!!

2Reasons2Smile March 29th, 2012 06:31 PM

I am sorry to hear you fell and hurt yourself hope you heal quickly. Yay for seeing baby

RedRose_xo March 29th, 2012 06:53 PM

I am so sorry this has happened to you, thank goodness both you and LO are okay! Lots of virtual hugs coming your way. Hope the injuries heal up quickly!

Lyz March 29th, 2012 07:02 PM

wow sorry for the crutches!! Yay for maybe baby being a girl!!!! Hope you have a speedy recovery and your back feels better

GeekLover11 March 30th, 2012 06:57 AM

Ugh, that totally stinks :(

But, I am so glad that your little one is ok and congratulations on having a girl!

I hope that you have a quick recovery from your fall!!

Angelamomtomany March 30th, 2012 07:46 AM

OH NO! I hope you heal quickly! so glad the baby is okay.

3Sapphires March 30th, 2012 07:51 AM

OUCH!!! I hope you are feeling better very soon!!!!

palmetto_moon March 30th, 2012 09:20 AM

I'm so sorry you fell and got hurt. Pregnancy is difficult enough!
Glad your baby is okay and not affected and congrats on the great ultrasound. So awesome that you are getting a girl! Try to take it easy so you can heal. I hope the pain disappears fast!

momma_d March 30th, 2012 09:41 AM

Oh no that just all around sucks! I hope you heal up quickly and congrats on the (probably) girl!