JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   So now I'm feeling tempted!!!!!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2508661-so-now-im-feeling-tempted.html)

bettyearl April 1st, 2012 09:32 AM

So now I'm feeling tempted!!!!!!!

I couldn't resist looking up the elective ultrasound stuff after YumPickles suggested it to OatmealKisses and it's only $60 to do it here! I'm so tempted! They can even do Saturday appointments so my husband could come without taking off work... Well sort of. Or maybe I could record it and then just get the tech to give me the gender written in an envelope!! :) :) :)

RedRose_xo April 1st, 2012 10:01 AM

Re: So now I'm feeling tempted!!!!!!!

I have an elective U/S on Tuesday, we're supposed to be staying team green but I just don't think I have the patience, so all things going well we'll find out the gender on Tuesday :D

$60 is an absolute bargain, mine is costing 145 :) Let us know what you decide to do!

palmetto_moon April 1st, 2012 10:04 PM

The one we did was the very first time we'd ever done it. I have never really thought of it as "worth the money" but I have to say, they made it a really great experience for us, our children and our friends that were with us. I do recommend it!

squiligi April 2nd, 2012 06:35 AM

I had my elective u/s on Saturday. I should be scheduling my gender scan at the OB at my appointment today. I'm not telling them I went so they'll take time to look again for me :P

RunningMommyTo5 April 2nd, 2012 08:32 AM

We did ours at an elective place on a Saturday, too, and the experience was so well worth the $$$. To have all of my boys in the room, as well as all of my family, it was priceless. Not only was finding out she was a girl together amazing, but it was a great thing for all of my family to get to see her, too. She was moving, rolling, drinking fluid, sucking her thumb...it was awesome. I say if it won't break you or be too much out of pocket for you, then to go for it!!!

amazing_love April 2nd, 2012 08:44 AM

I think its great if you have the extra money! We have a very high credit card bill due to vacation, a class DH is taking, and soon the baby's birth sooooo that is our #1 priority. That's why it wasn't a good idea for us. I am glad i spent the $50 on the doppler though :)

bettyearl April 2nd, 2012 10:53 AM

Thanks ladies :) Maybe to celebrate finishing the house my husband is closing on this month we could go? I'm feeling less anxious about everything since a crazy dream I had last night that had me in tears in a good way. I just am feeling like it really doesn't matter what I want, that this baby is exactly who is supposed to be joining our family and I will love them like crazy no matter what - even if there are health problems, it will all be okay.

OatmealKisses April 2nd, 2012 09:17 PM

DO IT!
We can't get one. Too much money being spent for sudden moving. I doubt they would even have a place that does it here. We live in a town of 5,000

aquariussweety21 April 3rd, 2012 08:17 AM

I want to get one done near the end of my pregnancy for sure, but I have totally been contemplating going in the next week or so for one to see if I have twins in me and determine the sex(es). I go to the Dr Thursday and if he won't send me before the 26th I may decide to go for one sooner. We are looking to either buy or rent somewhere right now though so I don't wanna have to spend the $79 if I do not have to.

bettyearl April 3rd, 2012 08:34 AM

Well, my "local" place is actually 2.5 hrs away, but since we do live in an itty bitty place with nothing around us, we go out that direction often enough.

karenwalter April 3rd, 2012 09:37 AM

I caved and am going today :) My OB didn't schedule the ultrasound until May 2nd so I decided I couldn't wait that long. The place near us is only $45

bettyearl April 3rd, 2012 09:53 AM

^^^^^^^^EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKK!!!! I'm so excited to hear your results!!!!

amazing_love April 3rd, 2012 12:43 PM

Karen!! You'd better update us girl!!!!!!

mommyto2littlegirlies April 3rd, 2012 12:45 PM

I keep checking!!! Update us girl!!

OatmealKisses April 3rd, 2012 08:33 PM

Woowhoo!!!!