JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Braxton hicks?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2511465-braxton-hicks.html)

InnocentDevil April 6th, 2012 05:38 PM

Braxton hicks??

How early can they happen??

I'm 15 weeks, 2 days. I swear I am having sporadic contractions. Most don't hurt, but there was one that had me doubled over. I don't remember feeling this until at least 20 weeks into my last pregnancy.

bettyearl April 7th, 2012 07:59 AM

Re: Braxton hicks??

I have them already and I still can't feel the baby move. They are my constant companion the last half of pregnancy and I do dilate somewhat and thin out early. Makes my labors go quick though! They are a huge pain, and with my first baby they freaked me out big time and the doctor put me on bed rest at 34 weeks when he first checked my cervix and I was paper thin and 4cm. Didn't have him until 3 weeks later, and even then it was because he induced me because he didn't want me to go home at 5cm. I was a bad experience.

Anyhow, my contractions started earlier with subsequent babies, either because I was more aware of what they feel like or because they genuinely do. I mean, your uterus contracts from the very beginning, but you're not able to pick up those feelings until it grows some.

Bobb April 7th, 2012 08:19 AM

I had them about 1-2 weeks ago too, but they stopped quickly. I'm trying to keep cool and calm when they happen, take an antispastic too.

Betty, I can't feel the baby move either. I had 2 really shy waves in the belly last week and maybe one short kick while I was in the car, but I can't tell for sure it was the baby. I'm still waiting for a clear sign ;)

JennaBee April 7th, 2012 03:45 PM

Totally possible. Mine started a few weeks ago. I've felt them earlier with each pregnancy.

NYCgirl April 7th, 2012 06:02 PM

I've had them now for a couple weeks.

curlygirl77 April 8th, 2012 01:50 AM

i haven't had them yet thankfully, but i do remember having them at around 30 weeks last time. they were really painful and went on all day and night for weeks. i was sure i would go early but no, i still went past my due date :p

momma_d April 8th, 2012 07:32 PM

Yeah definitely possible. I had some around 12 weeks that had me freaked out and my Doc said it is very normal especially with a 2nd+ pregnancy.

Mine seemed to have went away but figured out that I bring them on when I am not drinking enough fluids and am really active cleaning and moving around!