JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Waiting for amnio results what a nightmare (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2513019-waiting-for-amnio-results-what-nightmare.html)

monakp April 10th, 2012 06:18 PM

Waiting for amnio results what a nightmare

Hello ladies, i am 31 years old , 18 weeks pregnant with my second child, my screening test came back positive 1:89 chances for down syndrom, i had my sonogram and they did not find any soft markers, 8 days ago i had my amnio done with no problems , i am still waiting for the results i dont know what to expect i am sooo teriffied , has anyone been through this nightmare?

bettyearl April 10th, 2012 06:24 PM

Re: Waiting for amnio results what a nightmare

I haven't personally, but everyone I know who has had that happen to them was very scared and worried like crazy but in the end baby was perfectly healthy.
My sister had an amnio come back normal and then did have a baby with DS unknown because whoever ran the test didn't screen the fluid for DS!

It is very unlikely your baby will have any problems at all with a positive screen like that and no soft markers. Try to put yourself at ease until you know something is wrong. I know that it is so difficult to be thinking about the possibility of raising a child with special needs. I have 2 nieces and 1 nephew with special needs so I know the feeling of wondering if my own child will also be affected. It is scary, but honestly what can you do except love them and take it a piece at a time. Don't try and bite off too big an emotional chunk to chew. Just take right now and what you can do right now. All my love. Big hugs!

monakp April 10th, 2012 06:29 PM

:smile:thank u bettyearl for your positive thoughts

2Reasons2Smile April 10th, 2012 07:12 PM

Just sending some hugs and positive thoughts. I haven't gone through any of that before so have no advice or insight to give or ad.

MrsB1227 April 11th, 2012 04:59 AM

I am 32 and pregnant with my second and my chances came back one in 40. I had the new blood test done called Maternit21 and thankfully all came back clear. I waited seven days for the results and the wait was terrible. I kept running both scenarios in my head and was a ball of stress. I am hoping your results come back with good news!

amazing_love April 11th, 2012 07:39 AM

Hoping the best for you!

Daffodil April 11th, 2012 07:42 AM

I'm sure everything will be fine, when will your results be in?

Blessed Mommy Of 5 April 11th, 2012 08:18 AM

I don't have any experience with that but I wanted to offer support :) I do know that there are very high false positives on the screening tests. I hope everything turns out fine and you get good news!!

momma_d April 11th, 2012 08:25 AM

I think BettyEarl said it best! Just take everything one day at a time!

palmetto_moon April 11th, 2012 10:42 AM

Just offering support and encouragement and letting you know we are waiting with you and thinking of you!

RunningMommyTo5 April 11th, 2012 11:01 AM

Just wanted to offer you (((hugs))) and support and echo everything Betty already said. It's likely that everything will turn out just fine.

Sagga02 April 11th, 2012 11:12 AM

I had a 1-30 chance, my results came back perfectly fine yesterday. After a great scan my chances went up to 1-45, so with no markers on your scan it also moved up. Thankfully i took the new blood test and not the amino.

Hang in there, its TOUGH!!!!!