JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Announcement woes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2513960-announcement-woes.html)

GreyEyedGirl April 12th, 2012 07:04 PM

Announcement woes

So my boss apparently told a bunch of people at work that I'm expecting. Hello?!? Who's news is this?!?

It's not even because he's excited or gossiping or something. It's because he wants to figure out who'll cover me while I'm on mat leave. This couldn't wait a month for me to talk to people, seriously? I'm so annoyed. And the worst part, he didn't even bother to tell me that he'd told all these people. I found out from one of them. And then she also wasn't even interested except for how it affects her while I'm on leave. Jerks.

palmetto_moon April 12th, 2012 11:32 PM

Re: Announcement woes

Wow, that really stinks. I mean, I get that she needs to make arrangements and probably feels that the soon she nails down coverage the better, espicially if it's on her shoulders to do that but she could have discussed this with you first and worked out a compromise with you on when she should start looking, or she should have been more discreet and not necessarily given out the "reason", she could have checked other employee's availability without telling them the reason you wouldn't be there. I think she should have discussed this with you and asked what you thought and if she truly needed to start finding coverage, she could have at least given you a heads up.

Mrs_Crystal_K April 13th, 2012 09:23 AM

I would have been ticked too. That's no one's news to share but yours at work.

momma_d April 13th, 2012 09:35 AM

sounds like breach of confidentiality to me! It's too bad the word is already out now, your boss could have handled it differently and I would definitely let him know you aren't happy about the way that he handled it.

All he has to say when looking for someone is that he is working on scheduling because you are going to be shorthanded from ____ until ____ and needs to know who is willing to cover. No names/situations even need to be brought into it.

OatmealKisses April 13th, 2012 10:23 AM

Wow. What a peice of work.

nroundtr April 13th, 2012 11:56 AM

I definitely commiserate and have had some similar work/pregnancy surprises come up. The corporate world is such a nightmare for women who want to have families.

Sagga02 April 13th, 2012 12:31 PM

That would really upset me also!

jackiehavin2nd April 17th, 2012 10:11 AM

So how has it been going since the news broke at work??
My midwife just put me on lifting restrictions and now I'm having to deal with the eye rolls when other ppl have to do it for me. Annoying but not too bad.

GreyEyedGirl April 17th, 2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackiehavin2nd (Post 25907504)
So how has it been going since the news broke at work??

Everything's about the same. One woman came by to chat about babies and ask me if we knew what we were having yet. She was excited for me. But otherwise, nothing has changed. I'm in the corporate world, so there was never any heavy lifting. The worst thing is that they aren't planning to bring someone in to cover for my mat leave, so all my colleagues are going to have to pick up the workload. I may be out as much as 6 months. It's going to really suck for them, and I feel bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackiehavin2nd (Post 25907504)
My midwife just put me on lifting restrictions and now I'm having to deal with the eye rolls when other ppl have to do it for me. Annoying but not too bad.

I'd say roll your eyes right back at those eye-rollers. Sheesh! Of course you can't do anything that might get you injured while you're pregnant.