JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   When are you supposed to pre-register? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2514214-when-you-supposed-to-pre-register.html)

momma_d April 13th, 2012 11:50 AM

When are you supposed to pre-register?

I can't seem to remember anything this pregnancy! For those that hospital birth, at what point are you supposed to pre-register? I can't remember for the life of me. I know it's still early now.

Jaylenn's.Mom April 13th, 2012 11:52 AM

Re: When are you supposed to pre-register?

Good question, I can't remember either! I think it was like 32 weeks??

mommysoon April 13th, 2012 11:54 AM

32 weeks sounds right. I think my doctor always gave me the packet for that.

Sagga02 April 13th, 2012 11:56 AM

If i remember my Dr gave me the info to fill in and I just handed it back to them and they did the rest?? I think its in the 30 weeks stage.

RunningMommyTo5 April 13th, 2012 11:59 AM

For the hospitals in my area, it's required BEFORE your 28th week. They said they like to have everything ready in the case of an unexpectedly very early labor, plus it gives them a little padding time for those that do forget to register before the 28tjh wk. You may want to ask your dr office or call the hospital you're using to double check Q

3Sapphires April 13th, 2012 12:27 PM

I'm going to pre-reg after my anatomy scan. I have never been to the hospital and need to book a tour, but with lack of babysitters and needing lots of advanced notice I need to get my tour booked and you can't book a tour till after you pre-register...

momma_d April 13th, 2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Sapphires (Post 25892192)
I'm going to pre-reg after my anatomy scan. I have never been to the hospital and need to book a tour, but with lack of babysitters and needing lots of advanced notice I need to get my tour booked and you can't book a tour till after you pre-register...

That seems a bit backwards, doesn't it? I suppose though if you don't have a choice in hospitals that it doesn't make a difference though!

We only got to tour one of the hospitals of our two choices but after talking to my Dr. about it it was really easy making the decision without seeing the other hospital.

3Sapphires April 13th, 2012 12:46 PM

yeah, I know - so weird! hah! but it was the same in NJ LOL

my m/w only delivers at this hospital, so my hospital shopping is pretty limited, but it is weird to have to be pre-registered before you can book your tour.

Moldovandish April 13th, 2012 12:51 PM

This reminds me that my OB gave me a form to fill out and bring back to my next appt. Hope I can find it LOL

palmetto_moon April 13th, 2012 01:57 PM

I think at my hospital its supposed to be at 32 weeks. I dunno...I think I already lost the paperwork. My hospital requires a whole pre-admission appointment in addition to just mailing in the form... which really translates into a huge, collossal waste of time.

Blessed Mommy Of 5 April 13th, 2012 02:01 PM

I do not remember either, but I do know that my OB will give me a packet of information pertaining to it as well as the papers to fill out. I think last time a postage paid envelope was included and I just had to mail the papers in to the hospital.

Moldovandish April 13th, 2012 02:12 PM

I actually just went to the hospital's web-site and pre-registered online.

Enitsirk April 13th, 2012 04:16 PM

My hospital has you preregister ASAP. Last time I waited until 30 something weeks and they were mad I waited so long ;)

2Reasons2Smile April 13th, 2012 06:06 PM

I was given the paperwork to pre register at my last appointment for me to bring to my next one I'll be 19 weeks when I hand it in. I think they are a little concerned due to me having surgery in april 2010 to remove a mirena iud that had perforated my uterus. As at this point they don't know if it will affect anything.

InnocentDevil April 13th, 2012 07:40 PM

I go 55 weeks before my due date to something here at the hospital called Stork Express. You get all the paperwork done and sign all the waivers and permission for anesthesia and all that. I don't remember the exact datem but is' like the second week of AUgust and my DD is Sept 26th.

Daffodil April 13th, 2012 08:40 PM

I did at my last appointment.... Not sure why they wanted it to so early but I think my doctor said something about being able to schedule the elective c-section?