JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Cute hospital gowns (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2514237-cute-hospital-gowns.html)

momma_d April 13th, 2012 12:37 PM

Cute hospital gowns

I thought I would share this. I really don't want to wear a hospital gown that the hospital provides. They gross me out the thought of everyone else wearing them, and I'm petite so they look HUGE on me and I had to hold it together anytime I walked anywhere!

I've been scouring the internet and these are really affordable to some of the others I've seen!

Baby Be Mine Maternity - Delivery Gowns, Maternity Belly Bands, Gownies, Maternity Nursing Gowns, Pillow Sets

**added**
after doing more searching I also found a couple really good DIY gowns too!

Mile High Mom: DIY Hospital Gown

Hospital Gown - The Ribbon Retreat Blog - this one the girl just made from a regular nightgown!

bettyearl April 13th, 2012 01:07 PM

Re: Cute hospital gowns

Those are cute. I just wore a nightgown I didn't care too much about. It felt SO much nicer. I also brought my own pillow from home - another huge comfort.

Blessed Mommy Of 5 April 13th, 2012 01:43 PM

I agree that those are cute!

I just saw the links you added. I like the idea of making your own hospital gown!! It looks super easy too :)

palmetto_moon April 13th, 2012 01:47 PM

Very cool website. I have to check it out more later when I have more time to look slowly...
for my last two deliveries I just wore a black tank top. I also hate the hospital gowns....once the unit secretary on Labor/Delivery looked at me like I had three heads when I told her I didn't want to wear it when she handed it to me. She got really bug eyed and said "But, you have to. You won't be able to get your epidural without it." Whaaaatttttt? I think she was trying to say I needed something that opened completely in the back but the way it came out was crazy.

3Sapphires April 13th, 2012 01:48 PM

I've got my own plus size gown that I have had since PG with my first, I will be using that one.

the hospital ones are mostly held together with hope! :D

I threw up all over everything so I'll be leaving my pillow home, but the birth ball is going with me!

momma_d April 13th, 2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amf4976 (Post 25892568)
Very cool website. I have to check it out more later when I have more time to look slowly...
for my last two deliveries I just wore a black tank top. I also hate the hospital gowns....once the unit secretary on Labor/Delivery looked at me like I had three heads when I told her I didn't want to wear it when she handed it to me. She got really bug eyed and said "But, you have to. You won't be able to get your epidural without it." Whaaaatttttt? I think she was trying to say I needed something that opened completely in the back but the way it came out was crazy.

LOL that is too funny! I was Group B Strep + last time so I had to have the IV during delivery, and I just remember the tubes/wires driving me CRAZY. Honestly, if I wasn't in a hospital gown it would have been driving me nuts. So I'm not opposed to wearing a gown... I'm just opposed to THEIR gowns lol. I think I'm just going to make my own but not sure if I'll use a premade nightgown or just make one from scratch!

RunningMommyTo5 April 13th, 2012 05:03 PM

If I were able to do a natural labor and delivery, I would so get or make one. But, being a c-section, they get so, TMI, nasty and bloody from the surgery and then I have to stay in the bed for several hours after the surgery and usually sweat because of those stupid leg-squeezers things for circulation, that I don't mind wearing it. When I'm able to get out of the bed, I go ahead and put on my own clothes anyway.

Share a pic with us after you've made yours, Danielle! And, I know what you mean about them being huge. THey swallow me whole and fall off my shoulders, they don't tie tight enough in the back...I wish they at minimum had a couple of different sizes.

Daffodil April 13th, 2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningMommyTo3 (Post 25893394)
If I were able to do a natural labor and delivery, I would so get or make one. But, being a c-section, they get so, TMI, nasty and bloody from the surgery and then I have to stay in the bed for several hours after the surgery and usually sweat because of those stupid leg-squeezers things for circulation, that I don't mind wearing it. When I'm able to get out of the bed, I go ahead and put on my own clothes anyway.

Agreed!!! and its the BEST feeling to take a shower (0k, I only had the one kid so far lol) and then put on your own clothes...but for the initial digusting, bodily fluids part, I'm fine wearing the hospital gown.

Repti.Mom April 14th, 2012 08:39 AM

I'm just going to buy a xl night gown from walmart to wear this time. I am really short so the length should be just fine for walking around if I want to/need to, and if it gets ruined oh well.

I've always brought my own pillow. I'm weird though and I always have a flannel pillow case because I rub the edge of it so I can sleep. Can't sleep without it. It doesn't have to be on the bed when I am IN labor, just for spending the night.

morethanamom4 April 14th, 2012 09:03 AM

Those are cute! But I think I'll probably wear a hospital gown for delivery and then change into a simple nightgown from Target after. I'm looking for nursing nightgowns at the moment.