JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   What in the world...?! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2516092-what-world.html)

curlygirl77 April 18th, 2012 07:44 AM

What in the world...?!

Ok, so you know those advertisements that pop up at the top of the JM site? This one just caught my eye... it said 'pregnant and spitting?'

Portable Spittoon - Spitting Can for Pregnant Women (Black): Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

What??? I am quite baffled. I have never felt the need to spit my whole way through four and a half pregnancies lol. Is this a common thing? So common that you would actually need to carry a portable spitoon? And I don't even want to think about emptying it when you got home lol!

3Sapphires April 18th, 2012 07:47 AM

Re: What in the world...?!

actually when the puke urge hits I feel the overwheling urge to spit all the excess saliva out of my mouth, but I don't think I'd need a spittoon!

LMAO!!!

Blessed Mommy Of 5 April 18th, 2012 07:53 AM

LOL!! Oh my goodness, that is crazy!

amazing_love April 18th, 2012 07:55 AM

I didn't notice any excess saliva until i went to the dentist this last week. Not enough that i'd ever need a special spitting can! Kinda silly to not just use a regular cheap can. Spitting isn't glamorous anyway so it wouldn't seem like it would matter. :P

curlygirl77 April 18th, 2012 08:38 AM

but it even colour co-ordinate to your clothes :p

Sprinkle 2010 April 18th, 2012 10:10 AM

Bleck! That is gross!

one.juniper April 18th, 2012 10:29 AM

ROFL!!! And the model looks so pleased with her spitting can to boot!

"...for spitting activity to anyone feeling frequent urge to spit out saliva e.g. Pregnant Women."

I feel like they just randomly chose a group of people for their example. Would it make more sense to sell this to, I don't know, e.g. chewing tobacco users...?

palmetto_moon April 18th, 2012 10:48 AM

Oh gross! I have noticed extra saliva but I'd never carry a spit cup or can...YUCK!

momma_d April 18th, 2012 11:03 AM

I definitely thought of chewing tobacco users for this too! LOL

If I had a huge spitting problem I'd much rather carry around a styrofoam cup with a straw so it looks like I'm taking a drink or something rather than literally spitting into something! Could you imagine passing a woman in the mall spitting into a spitoon?!?! LMAO!

Stepp_Ann April 18th, 2012 01:20 PM

Bahahaha I think I will pass on this.

2Reasons2Smile April 18th, 2012 06:39 PM

There have been a few ladies in my previous ddc's that had issues with excess saliva and one I remember in particular said she used to carry around a water bottle and would pretend to drink from it but would actually be spitting in it. Gross but being pregnant can make you body do some crazy things.

I personally have not had any excess saliva at all but if I did I would buy amnything made specifially for it lol

OatmealKisses April 18th, 2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Sapphires (Post 25911998)
actually when the puke urge hits I feel the overwheling urge to spit all the excess saliva out of my mouth, but I don't think I'd need a spittoon!

LMAO!!!

:that: