JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Appointment: *Update #2* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2516146-appointment-update-2-a.html)

CaliMommy April 18th, 2012 09:14 AM

Appointment: *Update #2*

I'm leaving now and I will update soon. <333

*UPDATE*

All of my rides bailed on me, and now I don't know if I can make it on time....

*Again*

I usually don't let myself cry like this, but I am so upset. I called them and told them I would be 10 minutes late, and they said it should be fine. I got there and the u/s lady refused to give me an u/s and told me I can come back on MAY 7th!! I'm extremely sad and upset and angry...

palmetto_moon April 18th, 2012 09:53 AM

Re: Appointment: *Update....*

Oh no!!!!!!! I hope someone comes through! I know how much you've been looking forward to this day.
Can you take the bus line? Can the u/s tech see you a bit later?

Blessed Mommy Of 5 April 18th, 2012 09:54 AM

Oh my gosh, that is wrong!! Very unthoughtful of them! I really hope you can make it as well!!

momma_d April 18th, 2012 09:55 AM

Call and let them know you are running a bit behind! I hope you find someone to give you a ride! I can't believe everyone would bail on you!! :( KUP!

Sprinkle 2010 April 18th, 2012 10:05 AM

oh no! I know you were really looking forward to this!

I agree, call the office so they know you are running late. I'll bet they will try to work with you. If not, try tears!

amazing_love April 18th, 2012 10:10 AM

I'm SO sorry!! How very rude of them to cancel last minute!! I agree to tell them you're running late. I hope you figure something out!

3Sapphires April 18th, 2012 10:13 AM

well that really blows! WTH! do these people know we are all waiting on the news!

CaliMommy April 18th, 2012 10:23 AM

Re: Appointment: *Update #2*

Updated...

3Sapphires April 18th, 2012 10:30 AM

WHAT! are you kidding me! I would have thrown such a *&^% fit!

morethanamom4 April 18th, 2012 10:32 AM

Oh no! I am so sorry! That's just crap :(

CaliMommy April 18th, 2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Sapphires (Post 25913094)
WHAT! are you kidding me! I would have thrown such a *&^% fit!

I would have but I was on the verge of tears and walked out of the place. I'd go to a new office because of all the problems they have, but that's the only one in a reasonably close distance.

morethanamom4 April 18th, 2012 10:45 AM

Can you call back and ask to speak with the office manager, now that you're home and not in the moment? THEN I'd complain loudly and let them know how upset you are.

CaliMommy April 18th, 2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanamom4 (Post 25913186)
Can you call back and ask to speak with the office manager, now that you're home and not in the moment? THEN I'd complain loudly and let them know how upset you are.

I don't know if they have one, but I'll call.

Blessed Mommy Of 5 April 18th, 2012 10:50 AM

Oh my gosh Caitlyn I am so sorry :( That is awful that they tell you it's fine and then refuse to give you the u/s. I think you should call whoever is in charge at that office and let them know about this. Wow.

palmetto_moon April 18th, 2012 10:54 AM

They'll have one Caitlyn. All offices have someone in charge. Tell them that you called to let them know you'd be ten minutes late and they said it'd be fine but when you showed up they wouldn't see you. Tell them that it's difficult for you to get transportation and they should have told you when you called if they couldn't see you late. That was the whole point of you calling first. I'd tell them that now you've basically wasted a ride, owe someone gas money and wasted your time and theirs all after you called to make sure you could still come in. Then tell them that May 7th is too far out and you need a closer appt.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. That really stinks. I know you were so excited about this day.

CaliMommy April 18th, 2012 11:08 AM

Okay. So, I called and complained and the manager tried telling me how crucial it is to get there on time. I understand that, which is why I called, I told her my situation and how it was unfair that I had to make the extra trip out there just to be refused. I didn't want to sound rude or throw any of the workers under the bus because I still had to go there for appointments.

I got put on hold and got a new date of April 23rd, this Monday. :D Yay! It isn't ideal, and a long wait, again, but it's better than May 7th.

amazing_love April 18th, 2012 11:09 AM

That is so wrong to tell you it was fine and then refuse to do the u/s! I'm sorry that happened :( You definitely need to call and complain. I really hope you can get an earlier appt!!

momma_d April 18th, 2012 12:05 PM

I'm so glad you called them back to complain! I totally agree that if they weren't going to see you, they should have just told you on the phone that you needed to reschedule! If you called to tell them you were running late and they said no worries, to just come, then it is their job to fit you in!

Way to stand your ground girl! I'm not much of a whiner, but I am BIG on principal. Don't say you will do something and then just flat out refuse to do it! I can't stand when people try to shove others around on their watch. You will notice that especially when you become a mother, you will tend to put up with less and less bullcrap in any kind of situation!

palmetto_moon April 18th, 2012 12:11 PM

YAY!!!!!!!! Monday will be here before you know it! Good job for calling them. It sucks but sometimes you have to be the "Squeaky Wheel" to get what you need.
I don't know what insurance you have, but does your ins company offer free transportation to medical visits so that you aren't relying on people who may disappoint again? Or do you have someone who is pretty reliable that you can ask to drive you? Or can you borrow someone's car so you don't have to depend on their timetable?
MOnday is going to be here soon!!!!!!!! Can't wait! I think we have a couple moms on Monday...Isn't that your u/s also, Ami?

amazing_love April 18th, 2012 12:21 PM

I posted before seeing your last update... I'm so glad you called and were able to get an earlier appointment!! monday will be here before you know it :) I also have an u/s this monday but i already know the gender, this one will just be the anatomy scan since we weren't able to do it last time.