JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Unplanned appointment today... *updated!* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2518548-unplanned-appointment-today-updated.html)

DaniM0820 April 24th, 2012 09:26 AM

Unplanned appointment today... *updated!*

Hi ladies,

For 3 hours now I've been having a constant pain in my lower right side (I guess about where that ovary would be...). I called my OB an hour into it and had to leave a message. She called me back an hour later and is having me come in at 3:15 today to get checked out (it's 12:25 now). She mentioned it might be round ligament pain, but I've had that before and it wasn't consistent like this is. And even in the last 10 minutes the pain seems to have intensified :(

Fortunately there hasn't been any bleeding or any other issues I'm aware of, so I'll be leaving work in an hour to make it to my appointment on time. Please keep your fingers crossed that everything is ok with Jordan and the pain is nothing (though it doesn't feel like any pain I've had so far...)

And any reassurance from BTDT moms who went through something similar would be MUCH appreciated! :)

Thanks! I will update as soon as my appointment is over.

***Update!!***
Well I'm back. OB pulled out the Doppler and we heard Jordan moving all OVER th place. His heartbeat was also good so yay!
They took my temp and did a pelvic exam, all good. When she pressed on my right side the pain came through again, but doc said that they were able to rule out the bad stuff and to just take it easy today and let them know if it gets worse or if I get a fever. So so far so good, just chilling on the couch with DH (who unexpectedly left work early to go to my appt with me :wub:) and waiting for our pizzas on the way! :)

I'm glad they didn't say anything is exactly wrong, but I will definitely feel better after our anatomy scan on Friday!

Thank you sooo much for the kind words and for thinking of me :hugs:

3Sapphires April 24th, 2012 09:31 AM

Re: Unplanned appointment today...

I hope it is nothing!!!

sciatica nerve pain can be an awful thing, maybe it is that...

Sagga02 April 24th, 2012 09:49 AM

Will be thinking of you. Please update us when you can.

Mrs_Crystal_K April 24th, 2012 09:50 AM

No idea about the pain, but wishing you happy vibes at your appt. Update us when you can!

RunningMommyTo5 April 24th, 2012 10:19 AM

Thinking of you!!! Please update us when you can!

curlygirl77 April 24th, 2012 10:59 AM

I hope everything is ok!

GeekLover11 April 24th, 2012 11:22 AM

Hope all is well.. Update as soon as you can!!

Sprinkle 2010 April 24th, 2012 11:49 AM

Hope everything is ok. I'm sure that it is reassuring that your doctor is getting you in to check everything out. Please keep us posted.

Jessy_Ree April 24th, 2012 11:57 AM

I know you've probably already been to the doc now but I have the same issue and have had in the past and its always been ligament pain..Let us know..Im curious to know whats going on.

aquariussweety21 April 24th, 2012 12:12 PM

Hoping everything went ok. Thoughts your way!

CaliMommy April 24th, 2012 01:03 PM

Thinking of you. <3

JennaBee April 24th, 2012 07:02 PM

Re: Unplanned appointment today... *updated!*

Glad to hear all is well! Rest up momma!!

DaniM0820 April 25th, 2012 04:07 AM

Thanks everyone :)

I woke up with the same pain this AM, but it subsided some when I got up and while driving. I just have a feeling it will be back because of the way I sit in my chair at work (that's when it initially started anyway) so I will do everything I can to not keep my leg bent like that if possible. If it does start up again I will just try some Tylenol and see if that helps. As long as it doesn't get worse then I should be ok, just uncomfortable.

Little boy is going to give me gray hairs before he even gets here!! :lol:

MrsTiffy April 25th, 2012 06:24 AM

I hope that the pain stays away for you! I will keep you in my thoughts.

Blessed Mommy Of 5 April 25th, 2012 07:11 AM

I am so glad that everything went well at your appointment! I hope the pain doesn't come back at work. Maybe you could try getting up and walking around for a few minutes every so often?? Since that seemed to help when you woke up with pain maybe it would also help at work??

**HUGS**

momma_d April 25th, 2012 09:58 AM

glad to hear all is well! Hopefully it will go away on it's own! I had some pains like that when I was pg with DD, it went away though and was nothing! Hopefully it does the same for you!

Moldovandish April 25th, 2012 11:14 AM

So glad everything's okay. I've had some pain in my side for a bit today too. Hopefully that's normal.

aquariussweety21 April 25th, 2012 11:36 AM

Glad things seem ok. Cannot wait to hear your anatomy scan results!

amazing_love April 25th, 2012 03:35 PM

I'm glad your appt went well and all is okay with you and baby. Hopefully the pain will subside soon for you!! That doesn't sound pleasant regardless.

Oh and BTW now i feel like pizza ;)

jojo2bee April 25th, 2012 04:39 PM

glad to hear things are good and I'm sure it's going to stay that way to! I've been MIA for a while but I'm so excited to hear your having a boy!