JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Less hairy legs! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2520433-less-hairy-legs.html)

hikermama April 29th, 2012 07:39 AM

Less hairy legs!

Has anyone pregnant with a girl noticed that her legs are less hairy? I realized today that I haven't had to shave in a week! When I was pregnant with my boys I noticed I was more hairy and had dark hair that sprouted out, I guess from the testosterome.

GeekLover11 April 29th, 2012 07:49 AM

Re: Less hairy legs!

I was just gonna post about this!! I am sooo much less hairy than before. I just shaved two days ago and it still feels like I just did it. And that pretty much goes across the board with my usual shaving/waxing areas. Yet the hair on my head is gorgeous!! I am chalking it up to a very positive side effect of pregnancy :)

PS. I am an idiot and just noticed that you asked about having a girl.. I am team blue ;)

mnmstone April 29th, 2012 08:12 AM

Oh my gosh, I noticed this too, but figured it was my imagination. This didn't happen with my first daughter that I can remember, but I am definitely shaving less. It's nice.

Mommy to 3 boys April 29th, 2012 12:15 PM

WOW! So I haven't shaved in over a week (DH is gone and it's been rainy and cold so I figured what was the point) I just felt my legs after reading this post and HOLY crap... there is like nothing there. I usually have dark leg hair and usually have to shave every other day. This is awesome lol. At least since this little girl is making me break out horribly (which has never happened) she has decided to help me with the whole hair issue lol. This will def come in handy this summer when I'm too big to really shave my legs and it's too hot to wear pants LOL.

Stepp_Ann April 29th, 2012 02:18 PM

Not me. I'm having a boy and can't keep up with keeping everything shaved or groomed. I hate it.

Starstrydergrrl April 29th, 2012 10:42 PM

Heh maybe this means I am having a boy then...

RunningMommyTo5 April 30th, 2012 07:47 AM

I'm the same way!!! With my boys, all of my hair grew faster and I had to shave so often. With this little girl, I can go a week without needing to shave, and sometimes I still don't need to after a week, but I will anyway. The hair on my head has also stopped growing as fast, though. It's still shedding like crazy and just looks more dull. With my boys, it grew so fast, stopped shedding at all, and was thick and full...

3Sapphires April 30th, 2012 09:20 AM

I may or may not be having a boy, but my legs have been less hairy this time. I only need to shave once a week or so.

mommysoon April 30th, 2012 11:08 AM

Having a boy, but I've noticed the same thing. It has happened in all my pregnancies.

momma_d April 30th, 2012 12:15 PM

When I was pregnant with Keira, I only had to shave about once a week (which is typical for me non-pregnant too). But now, my hair is growing like crazy. I'm seriously considering starting to get them waxed again but I'm worried about it hurting since my hormones are all wacky.

I'm thinking that its because
1- I'm actually remembering to take my prenatals everyday (whereas I was terrible at remembering with DD)
2- I'm eating much more/healthier, something I didn't do with Keira
3- I'm constantly drinking water this time around.

That's all I got lol.