JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Your "do" (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2547956-your-do.html)

txmumx4 July 10th, 2012 06:47 PM

Your "do"

It's summer time and it's hot (duh)! Well, are u planning on cutting ur hair especially now that LO(s) may be here already and u need something more less maintence/time consuming etc? If so what styles have u thought about or have already? I am always curious cuz I love changing my hair all the time. The past cpl years though I've kept it med length and layerd just cuz it's easier to toss into a pony tail...I am bad.

kemper2.0 July 10th, 2012 09:43 PM

Re: Your "do"

I just cut all mine off in December. I had never had a 'short do' and wanted to give it a try. My hair has always been mid back to waist length and I chopped it off into a bob. I really enjoyed the bob, but missed my long hair too much to keep it so I am trying to grow it back out now. It's passed my shoulders :cheer: I can't wait until it's super long again!

therevslady July 11th, 2012 08:34 AM

I change my hair a lot. I just cut mine off so that I wouldn't have to worry about fixing it and washing it a lot when baby gets here.

Here's my belly pic from yesterday- it has my new hair do. I cut it myself, so it's mediocre. Glad I had career ADD for a while there and finished my hair apprenticeship, lol.

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...61165147_n.jpg

fairymommy July 11th, 2012 09:08 AM

I have been forbidden to cut my hair again! lol When dh and I met 6 years ago I had a wicked awesome pixie cut that I just loved. Let it grow and when we got married 3 years ago it was boobie length and my natural curls were rocking. Then the next year I had a really boring winter and just kept cutting it myself until..whoops...all gone! haha DH was NOT impressed when he got home and found me with a little pixie cut again lol now I've let it grow for the past 2 years and it is nicely below my shoulders and I do love it....but I LOVE short hair as well.
Que...you have career ADD...i have hair ADD lol I think after little girl is here I will go get it dyed nice and maybe do something with it...but I think I will keep the length.

Krisztina July 11th, 2012 05:24 PM

I had it cut super short about a year ago-my neck was shaved even,lol-, so im growing it out again, its about at my shoulder blades now. For me its easier when its long so i can put it up,lol. I usually have bangs too, but just grew them out, not sure if i cut them again, we'll see...

Well_Okay July 11th, 2012 06:43 PM

Dh forbids me taking more than a few inches off at the moment so it's quite long and will stay that way until I can't stand it. I will humor him...for now. But it's so hot I generally have a braid or bun.

sunny July 12th, 2012 09:40 AM

DH is fine as long as I don't go shorter than chin length with my hair...that used to be my go to cut/ a chin length bob.....well Miss Lainey gave me wavy hair so now the last time I had my hair cut (I think it was last fall) I have hated it!!!! It is finally getting close to my shoulders and I can pull it back again and it isn't too wild to manage with my weird waves I now have. Will be interesting to see what this baby does to my hair! But no cuts for me!!! Just trims.

ohfiddleheads July 13th, 2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairymommy (Post 26259544)
Que...you have career ADD...i have hair ADD lol I think after little girl is here I will go get it dyed nice and maybe do something with it...but I think I will keep the length.

I am the same way, Kristine! I'm rocking the pixie cute right now, but I'm constantly trying to grow it out, then cut it, then grow it out and cut it. I just cut my hair last weekend back into a pixie because it's just so much less maintenance than anything else. I don't need to do anything to it, but throw a bit of product in.

I love having my hair this short and everyone thinks it suits my face so that works for me. I just find it tricky to maintain unless I find a stylist I really like, otherwise every trim is a crapshoot. For the most part they're good, but I've had cuts that are just right and I feel so hot.