JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Your baby's name???? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2557924-your-babys-name.html)

Jakaira s Mom August 6th, 2012 01:42 AM

Your baby's name????

What is your baby's name? How did you come up with that name? What does your parents & inlaws think of the name you chose for your baby?

hope71012 August 6th, 2012 04:42 AM

Re: Your baby's name????

Her first name means universal or complete. She completes our family. Her middle name follows family tradition. It also shares a similar meaning as dd1.

Idk what relatives think...and I really don't care. Her name is perfect!

kemper2.0 August 6th, 2012 08:06 AM

Baby's name is Ariella Elise.

I came across the name two weeks before she was born while on a road trip with DH. I was browsing through "Hebrew names" on my phone and it's the first one I read. I suggested it to DH and he loved it. He made me shake his hand as a way of committing to naming her that because I had been changing my mind so much :giggle:
Elise is just a name I've always liked and I thought it went well with Ariella.

My mom, MIL and FIL love her name. My dad didn't care for it originally, but likes it now and my brother still doesn't like it as far as I know. I don't care though, we like it and that's what matters!!

Mrs.Julie August 6th, 2012 08:48 AM

We named her Katalina Juliet. My sil name is Catalina, a very common name in Colombia where dh is from. My name is Julie and Juliet, though technically longer, is sort of the diminutive version. Which turned out to be very fitting as she looks just like me. We call her Kata

skyj03 August 6th, 2012 04:28 PM

We named our baby danika like the race car driver. Dh picked it out and we our big nascar fans. The name means morning star I think

THE angry uterus August 6th, 2012 07:59 PM

His name is George Ferguson. I've always liked the name George. I don't know about what it means, I've never put a lot of thought/care into that. We just liked how Ferguson went with George, and as it is a tractor it seems to match Oliver (which is also a tractor, but I did not name either boy after tractors!!)

Well_Okay August 6th, 2012 09:14 PM

We wanted a traditional Russian name and there was only a handful we liked at all. Still it took a while to narrow it down to one but Nikolai suits him perfectly. Dimitrievich is a Russian thing, children's middle names are patronymic in Russia. SO is Dimitry so this little guy got automatically given Dimitrievich.

fairymommy August 7th, 2012 09:45 AM

We changed our minds so much about her name! But always came back around to Ava. It is just such a pretty name, and we just love it. I chose Willow for a middle name, I would have loved it for her first name, but DH didn't, I had to sneak it in for her middle name!
Ava means bird, so she is my little bird, and I love Willow because it is earthy and very suiting to us and how we want to raise our daughter. :)

maddy and tommy's mommy August 7th, 2012 06:07 PM

His name is Thomas Joseph. Joseph is my hubby's, my dad's, and my FIL's name. No reason for picking Thomas other than we wanted a strong, traditional name that we like and has a nickname we like. Also, hubby didn't want Joseph for a first name!

Our families like it, I think!

mommyTTC3 August 8th, 2012 06:37 AM

his name is Chase Jeffrey ! Chase means huntsman and Dh is a outdoor kindda guy who hunts and he loved the meaning :) Jeffrey is after my Bil (dh's brother) who passed away in Feb. while I was pregnant . Dh and his brother were very close and it was a perfect way to honor him !

As far as I know noone has a problem with his name and I dont care if they did cause we LOVE it :)

Kumii August 9th, 2012 06:39 PM

We named our little guy Tristan. We could not settle on a name for the longest time. Tristan was not even one of our choises. Before baby's birth we decided on Lukas, but it was not working for him. I somehow thought of Tristan and DH loved it! Everyone loves our choice. Tristan is quite rare here in QC and I LOVE how it sounds in French!

Sheena Beena August 10th, 2012 10:05 PM

Our little man is Dexter James. We just loved the name Dexter and the nick name Dex. James is DH's best friend's middle name and he is our boys God father.

My in-laws and parents hate his name, but we love it so that's all that matters!

Jakaira s Mom August 11th, 2012 12:45 AM

I thought of my daughter's name Jakaira Destine Years ago.....
I named her after an old friend that use to be my bestfriend back in
jr high...who later...when I was about to divorce my hubby, said that
I might want to try to work it out and was a really good support to me
when I needed that.....she was the type of friend to not tell me what
I wanted to hear but what I needed to hear ( a strong woman )
well her name is Jocelyn Kera so I took the J in her first name and
put it with her middle name....to get Jakaira........... and Ive always liked
the name Destine and knew I would use it @ some point. That is how I
came up with my daughter's name. My mom loves my daughter's first name
but dis likes the name Destine and saids its too masculine....she was begging
me to change it to Destinee to make it feminen by that time....I had already signed the birth certificate.........my mom even went so far to say that my daughter is going to grow up mad at me, over this.... I hope she is wrong. My daughter was destined to be our daughter...that is the meaning behind the name Destine. my dad in law did a search for the name Jakira and found out it means Smart one. There is no meaning for Jakaira if you look it up. Anyway yeah........

LadyBugMommyof1 August 11th, 2012 05:14 AM

Amelia was my great grandmother on my mom's side. Mikayla is after DH. Our older DD is named after DH's grandma (first name) & DD1's middle name is after my grandma.