JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Taking your lo out to dinner ???? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2559919-taking-your-lo-out-to-dinner.html)

Jakaira s Mom August 10th, 2012 12:52 PM

Taking your lo out to dinner ????

So have you took your lo out to dinner with the family/ and or other half since he/she been born? if so, what was that like????

THE angry uterus August 10th, 2012 12:59 PM

Re: Taking your lo out to dinner ????

yes, and I even NIP with him at the table! :o I've come a long way now that I have a pillow and a cover! Other then that, since he is so fussy all the time, it was a bit rough. We had to trade off on holding and eating to try to calm him down. :(

Larissa. August 10th, 2012 02:52 PM

Nope, more so because my older son won't sit through a dinner. At this age, i don't mind eating out with lo's at all :)

~*Jess*~ August 11th, 2012 12:46 PM

Yup we have gone out a couple times. I nurse him to sleep at the table and eat with my free hand. He does very well...if I don't use a cover...he hates being completelly covered.

Kumii August 11th, 2012 01:29 PM

Yes, a couple of times. I try to work around his schedule and so far it has been great. I also dont mind standing up at the table to make my baby happy if he is fussing. NIP is also not a big deal for me.

hope71012 August 11th, 2012 04:09 PM

Yes. She usually falls asleep in the car and sleeps through the meal. I feed her right before we leave the house, so she usually doesn't need to eat.

kcmommy2be August 11th, 2012 08:53 PM

We have a few times. She is usually pretty good and sleeps for the most part. If she gets hungry we take turns feeding her since we do the whole bottle thing. Haven't really had a problem yet :)

ohfiddleheads August 12th, 2012 09:31 AM

Yep! We've gone several times. I've even nursed her at the table, like Jamie I have a pillow and nursing cover so it's quite comfortable for me to nurse her. And, if I feel like it, it's the perfect opportunity to have a beer right after she's fed.

LadyBugMommyof1 August 12th, 2012 09:50 AM

Yes, we have gone out to (kid friendly) places several times with all 3 kids. Last night we went to Chevy's & had a good time...nursed right before we went out and they slept during dinner. Nursed right when we got home. The time before that, I had to nurse at the restaurant and kept switching babies on & off since I cannot nurse both together in public...:eek: that was stressful!

Jakaira s Mom August 12th, 2012 12:36 PM

yes we have... she is usually asleep or if she has to eat... I feed her a bottle and the times when we are with sister in law she will feed her the bottle and actually let me eat. (very kind of her )

mrsshaffer August 15th, 2012 05:05 PM

We have been out several times... I'll nurse him before we leave and he usually sleeps through the whole meal. One time the service at the restaurant was really slow, so I went out to the car and nursed while my husband waited for the check. Another time we went to a restaurant that was pretty far away, and I brought a bottle of pumped breast milk with us. When he woke up during dinner, I just fed him the bottle and he did great. He went right to sleep when he was finished eating.

HippieLove August 16th, 2012 04:39 AM

Umm I don't think I have actually and I won't be either. I'm not supposed to really have her out in public all that much since she appears to have a weak immune system, and we are so over hospital.