JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Does ur lo ever hold their breath & pass out!?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2567752-does-ur-lo-ever-hold-their-breath-and-pass-out.html)

JesusisKing August 30th, 2012 06:36 PM

Does ur lo ever hold their breath & pass out!??

Our little guy has been doing something that's been scaring me. He started getting very worked up, (from crying) like real fast and holding his breath till he turns blue or passes out. He's only 6 wks. old. DD1 would cry so hard from pain and hold her breath & pass out too, but never this young! I do have a Dr. appt. next week and he wants me to try to get a video of him when he does it. Just wondered if any of you had any thoughts or previous experience with that. He did have pneumonia at birth, so I don't know if it would have anything to do with that or not??

Starr33 August 31st, 2012 04:06 AM

Re: Does ur lo ever hold their breath & pass out!??

I am not sure...I know that my kids would cry really hard where it looked like they were holding their breath, but then would come back, but they were older then 6 weeks....My husband was always scared of that so when they cried like that he gave the kids to me and he had to leave the room.....

Bookish September 16th, 2012 03:10 PM

JesusisKing, What's going on now? Is the problem figured out?

JesusisKing September 16th, 2012 07:21 PM

Well... I did have him at the Dr. and they think it's the same thing dd1 did. I had posted in the Aug ddc and someone had posted a link there that explained it. It's called BHS. I think his pain is just severe sometime... from what?? I wish I knew exactly! I think it's either from his milk allergy or from his possible hernia. I have an appt with a pediatric surgeon in Hershey this Thursday, (the Dr said he has xtra fluid around his 1 testicle) so I'm really hoping to find answers as to what is causing these screaming fits! He didn't pass out for awhile now, but holds his breath terribly long :(. It's frustrating because I've been cutting out dairy from my diet for awhile now, and he still gets them, mostly evenings. Does anyone know how long it takes (on average) after we eat for it to affect them from breastmilk?

THE angry uterus September 17th, 2012 07:40 PM

Dairy takes up to 6 weeks to get out of both mom and baby's system. Make sure you are cutting all the milk out too, whey is found in bread and casean (sp) too. Before I cut wheat and gluten out, I was making my bread from scratch to eliminate the dairy and the soy.

Hope you get everything figured out with the lil guy soon! :(

mommy2lilmen September 24th, 2012 02:28 PM

No Kade doesnt do that, but he does loose his breath if hes eating tho, which is worriesome!

JesusisKing September 25th, 2012 05:25 PM

Thanks again.. I "think" he's doing better. For the past 3 days he has been anyways, so it probably just took awhile to get it out of his system hopefully! Oct 5th he goes for surgery to get a communicating hydrocele fixed. If you think of it, you can pray for the surgeon doing it!

christie272 December 17th, 2012 07:52 AM

Maybe you already know this, but just incase you don't...if the baby is breath holding while crying, blow lightly in the baby's face and the baby will take a breath in. this can stop the baby from breath holding until the point of passing out. My daughter is 3 now n will still hold her breath if she gets herself worked up enough