JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   How about those abs? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2585024-how-about-those-abs.html)

KK_1986 October 15th, 2012 09:42 PM

How about those abs?

Hello ladies,
Just wondering how everyone is doing on the abdominal front and what exercises and or programs you are using to work your core?
I was going to do the Tracy Anderson postpartum workout video but couldn't do any of the ab exercises due to rather significant diastasis recti. I admit I was crushed at my inability to work out what used to be my most favored body part and haven't really done anything with my stomach since, have just been doing daily walks. :(
I was wondering if anyone else has or has had this problem in the past and what exercises did you do or are doing that helped?

Mountain~Mama October 16th, 2012 07:35 AM

Re: How about those abs?

I just checked myself this morning for Diastasis Recti. I can fit 2 fingers in, which is supposed to be normal but I'm still a bit concerned and nervous to do many typical ab workouts. I think I will youtube Diastasis Recti workouts and see what I can find and hopefully can heal it up more.

MosaicWife October 16th, 2012 07:54 AM

You're going to be doing a lot of pelvic tilts amd crunches with a towel. I'll link the one I'm using. My split is only one finger width thank goodness.

Exercises to Help Flatten Your Stomach & Close/Repair a Diastasis Recti/Abdominal Split Separation - YouTube

magz88 October 16th, 2012 09:23 AM

I did Roman chair knee raises the first time I went to the gym and it was a bit too much as of yet so I will probably just do planks for another few weeks to work the transverse abdominis (sp?).

Corrupt October 17th, 2012 03:54 PM

There are several excersises on this site. hope it helps

BeFit-Mom Diastasis Recti or Abdominal Separation

Pinkhighheels27 October 19th, 2012 03:27 PM

I'm doing the Tracy Anderson Post Pregnancy workout...my abs are back to normal and I'm started to build tone/muscle. I started working my abs 5 weeks PP.

afwifey09 October 20th, 2012 12:01 AM

Missa, are you doing the exercises for your 1 finger tip width separation? I can't find crap for information. Some says no separation whatsoever is okay, some says up to two. I really wish doctors would do their jobs and check for this!

Mountain~Mama October 20th, 2012 04:29 AM

I'm with you Cassie. I have about a 2 finger separation and I really don't know what I should do.

afwifey09 October 21st, 2012 04:07 AM

When I go in for my iud placement checkup I'm going to ask. I'll let you know what he says if we don't find out anything else, Melanie.

Mountain~Mama October 29th, 2012 10:36 AM

Anyone seeing any improvement yet?

I think my gap is a little bit smaller! I haven't been doing much, just letting things heal.