JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Trick-or-treaters (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2586014-trick-treaters.html)

Carwen*Angel October 18th, 2012 10:03 AM

Trick-or-treaters

Do you get trick-or-treaters in your street/area?

Do you give them anything? If so what?

Or do you play a trick on them? What?

Or do you just not answer the door? ;)

Mountain~Mama October 18th, 2012 10:11 AM

Re: Trick-or-treaters

We live in the woods... no trick or treaters here.

Sherry777 October 18th, 2012 10:25 AM

We live in the ghetto. We don't want to be shot. Therefore, we don't answer the door if we are home. Generally, we drive to a safer area of Memphis (which is increasingly harder to find, mind you) to let the kids get candy.

newmommysarah October 18th, 2012 10:27 AM

This will be my first halloween as its not something my family have ever celebrated in England. Im hoping to get some trick or treaters at the door but we live at the quiet end of the village and i dont think any kids will venture up as far as our house :(

I'm still dressing Noah up though, even if we do just go visiting his cousins.

afwifey09 October 18th, 2012 10:33 AM

This is our first year here, but with any military installation, its a safe bet to count on hundreds of trick or treaters. Last year in Florida, we went through like 10 pounds of candy. Gah.

We just buy variety packs of fruity stuff, chocolate, etc. No tricks played on them. :P

magz88 October 18th, 2012 11:04 AM

I never used to but last year I got stuff for the neighbourhood kids because we know them all. Turns out they go to a different area of town and I had to ASK them to trick or treat at our house so we wouldn't be stuck with the treats.

I will get some again this year if only for the good Halloween karma for Theo in the future.

AllyssaM October 18th, 2012 01:03 PM

We're in a new neighborhood then we were last year - But everyone who lives here HAS to have AT LEAST 2 kiddos. . . We're also on a main street - So I know we'll get a good amount. I went out yesterday & got candy before it all sales out as it gets closer. We'll take the girls out early in the evening, just to a few houses, and then we'll come home and hand out candy :)

Jessimaaka October 18th, 2012 01:08 PM

We don't get many because between us and the rest of the neighbourhood is a roundabout and people are still leery about them. To be fair, I won't even cross them when its dark - people don't watch. Last year we had like 20 kids. We gave out cans of pop so we could count how many we had. And to be fair, I had just quit smoking and ate all the chocolate bars DH bought :rollseyes: We'll be giving out cans of pop again :)

aubers68 October 18th, 2012 01:27 PM

Do you get trick-or-treaters in your street/area? Yes we do :)

Do you give them anything? If so what? The past few years we've passed out full size candy bars. We get them from GFS so they're a tad cheaper. We did this to bring more kids to the area LOL... if you give good candy word spreads!!!

Or do you play a trick on them? What? No trick... but we do MAKE them say trick or treat... now a days kids are so lazy they just put their bag out for you to put the candy in and expect you to just give it over. I remember when I was younger and going trick or treating you ALWAYS said trick or treat AND thank you... not so much anymore

What we usually do, is get the fire pit out and put it in the middle of the walk up to our house and sit around it waiting for trick or treaters :) This year I'm not sure if we're handing out candy... I think we will go to my parents and sit with them while they hand out candy.

irunpink October 18th, 2012 02:59 PM

Our neighborhood does a good job of giving out candy. We had fun doing it last year and will do it again; hopefully dd1 doesn't get freaked out by the costumes/door bell ringing like she did last year :P.

TKbunny October 18th, 2012 03:21 PM

No one around here really hands out candy. It's not really safe any more. Most kids do the Trick-or-Treat thing on that weekend's Saturday to all the down town businesses. The stores and shops hand out candy on Saturday afternoon when it's safe and then the older teens run around egging and creaming people's cars, TPing houses and making trouble for the police Halloween night. But at least the teens don't cause problems for the little kids now.

megs120031 October 18th, 2012 07:29 PM

Do you get trick-or-treaters in your street/area? we get tons! we go through like three big bowls of candy
Do you give them anything? If so what? we will hand out a mixed bag of candy like kit kats and laffy taffy

Or do you play a trick on them? What? no it would be fun though

Or do you just not answer the door? only if we are out of candy lol

TuckrLeesMommy October 18th, 2012 07:37 PM

Lol I'm always out trick or treating with the little ones and this year is no different! I'll be taking little Bo out trick or treating too! But I'm sure small children still knock at our door for candy while we aren't home

Carwen*Angel October 19th, 2012 02:49 AM

We always have a bowl of Hallowe'en candy. We only tend to get local kids from Daniel's school. Most parents are pretty sensible, walk out with their kids and only let them knock at houses of people they know from school or who have Hallowe'en decorations in the window. We don't live in a bad area, but it has its fair share of unsavoury characters.

K.A.T October 19th, 2012 09:10 AM

Brand new here so no clue. I do plan on getting some candy to give out if we do get visitors. I also plan on Posh'n out the moms and giving them their own treat samples.