JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Exercise Questions! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2594357-exercise-questions.html)

Blessed Mommy Of 5 November 12th, 2012 12:29 AM

Exercise Questions!

Do you exercise?

Regularly, on a schedule, or occasionally??

For a certain amount of time??

What type of exercising??

Any exercising tips??

Mommy to 3 boys November 13th, 2012 04:13 AM

Re: Exercise Questions!

Do you exercise? Yes

Regularly, on a schedule, or occasionally?? I just started back to the gym 2 weeks ago but I am trying to go 3-5 days a week depending on what's going on.

For a certain amount of time?? The gym gives 2 hours of daycare everyday so I usually go for over an hour but sometimes close to the 2 hour limit.

What type of exercising?? cardio and weights

Any exercising tips?? It can be hard starting off but once you go and get into a routine you will feel so good... I actually enjoy running and feel so much better after I work out. On days I don't go or don't work out very hard I feel slouchy and like I failed at something lol. On days that you really don't feel like going, go and then treat yourself. My treat is getting something from starbucks!

GeekLover11 November 13th, 2012 07:32 PM

I really need to get on the exercise wagon :( It is just so hard to get motivated atm.

Lyz November 19th, 2012 11:47 AM

I bought a living social deal for 10 kickboxing classes for $35. I started last week and felt great!! I hope to go twice a week and maybe join if possible

aquariussweety21 November 26th, 2012 02:36 AM

Right now im starting slow with just dance and yoga and such because of the c section.

I plan to return to the power 90 dvd. I began this a few weeks before i found out i was pregnant and it was helping a ton. It kicks my butt but i felt way better lol. I usually do it 6 days a week. Alternating between the strengh training and cardio. I use the resistance bands. I think the important thing to remember with yhis type of thing is u can modify it to where u are and still see results and build up to what they want. Also it sucks getting back into it but once you start and go for a week or two you feel so muj better and will start seeing results :-)

jojo2bee November 26th, 2012 12:05 PM

Do you exercise? not as much as I would like to at this point

Regularly, on a schedule, or occasionally?? right now its occasionally but I want to make it regular, 3-5 times a week

For a certain amount of time?? I usually just do what I can but I want to make myself a little schedule and set time aside to work out, I just have to figure out how with the baby, I cant hand him off to DH since he is working 12 hour shifts mon-wed then working 10 hour shifts thurs-fri

What type of exercising?? I want to get some cardio in as well as muscle strength, expecially the abs, upper thighs and arms

Any exercising tips?? no tips really just keep up with it!

RunningMommyTo5 December 5th, 2012 09:50 AM

Do you exercise? Yes.!

Regularly, on a schedule, or occasionally?? Regulary, 6-7 days a week

For a certain amount of time?? When I run, I run about 7 miles/5days a week, and then my long run (12-20 miles) on Saturdays, depending on where I'm at in my training cycle. I strength train each muscle group to fatigue 2x a week, do yoga and pilates 2x a week, and I have dance class 2x a week.

What type of exercising?? See above!

Any exercising tips?? The hardest part is to get started. Especially if you're an early exerciser. I run in the very early morning and forcing myself out of bed is the hardest part. I say if you're just starting out, try to do it regularly long enough to make it a habit. It really only takes 3wks-a month for a habit to be established. So, set a short term goal for that and chances are, you'll love it by that point and need it in your routine to feel normal. Also, build up gradually and don't try to kill yourself just starting out. Lastly, ANYTHING is possible physically if you just start small, set reasonable goals, and work your way up to it!