JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Christmas - Home or Away? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2598094-christmas-home-away.html)

Carwen*Angel November 22nd, 2012 04:27 AM

Christmas - Home or Away?

Are you spending baby's 1st Christmas in your own home, or with family or friends?

If at home, are any family or friends coming to share it with you?

If away, where?

2pinks&ablue November 22nd, 2012 07:09 AM

Re: Christmas - Home or Away?

We will be in our home, with MIL, but visiting with other family as well.

aubers68 November 22nd, 2012 07:20 AM

For Christmas we will have a tree with presents from Santa at home for Summer. Then we will head to my parents house for more presents and family time, then to his parents house. After spending time with his family we will head back to my parents house for dinner. It's always hard enough doing the running around with just the two of us I can't imagine how it's going to be with Summer. No one ever wants us to leave and now this year I'm sure it's going to be even more guilty felt when we try to head to the next place. Should be fun LOL

Corrupt November 22nd, 2012 07:31 AM

This will be my first Christmas (day) ever away from my family. Due to crappy schedules and the decision to not have our big Christmas dinner, I decided it was silly to make the trip just to open presents on Christmas day. We'll be home for Christmas and will wait until the weekend to go down.

Jessimaaka November 22nd, 2012 09:04 AM

We will start the morning at our house, just the three of us. Then head to my parents for a very early turkey dinner (2pm) since my dad is flying out to Victoria BC to drive home with my sister who is moving home after over 3 years on the other side of the country! Then onto DH's grandma's house for dinner. Mmmm, lamb! Normally we have at least one other house to hit, but this year we don't! DH's parents split 15 years ago, and it was not an amicable split at all. They barely talked until our wedding unless they HAD to, and now his mom, step dad, and aunt and cousin from that side are joining everyone at his dad's mom's for Christmas this year. It is seriously a Christmas miracle. I'm super happy that things are coming together, and it makes things easier on us and DH's sister's family. I have never seen Kenny so happy :)

magz88 November 22nd, 2012 05:31 PM

We are going to my mother's the weekend prior to celebrate with all my brothers and their ladies and baby Henry.

Then on Christmas day I am assuming we will spend time with Richard's mum and brother and family. I don't know for sure though since I don't think he's discussed it with them.