JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Does your baby enjoy stories? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2604020-does-your-baby-enjoy-stories.html)

Carwen*Angel December 10th, 2012 09:50 AM

Does your baby enjoy stories?

I just wondered, Michaela is liking having Daniel's books read to her at the moment, it really chills her out. :)

Anyone else read to their baby and found they like it yet?

Jessimaaka December 10th, 2012 10:10 AM

Re: Does your baby enjoy stories?

We read "The Runaway Bunny", "The Tree Trimmers", and "Goodnight Moon". He loves looking at the pictures and is interested.

magz88 December 10th, 2012 02:14 PM

He has started to get interested in the past few weeks. But still with just the picture books that have only a few words, no real story.

I have read to him from a novel I am reading but he is not that into it.

Pinkhighheels27 December 10th, 2012 02:38 PM

Yep! I've been reading to her for about 6 weeks now. At first she could careless, but now she's fascinated.

one.juniper December 10th, 2012 05:35 PM

Ya definitely! We got a book called Horns to Toes and In Between and he always gets excited when I read it. Its about monsters. I think he likes the way I read it more then anything else.

Pixie Dust December 10th, 2012 07:41 PM

I have a Bill Martin Jr book of Poetry that he loves to listen to me read. I too think it is more the way I read it than anything.

I also have a couple of board books that I read to him. He looks at the pictures then tries to eat the book. I don't think I have finished one without it getting slobbered!

Hopefully Santa is bringing more board books for his stocking.

mzshell13 December 11th, 2012 06:38 AM

Mel sits in my lap when her brother and I read bedtime stories, and she seems to like it. I think it's more the way I read rather than the content though.

aubers68 December 11th, 2012 08:51 AM

I never thought to read to her this young... Hmmm maybe I'll break out a book or two and see how she responds. :D

Mom2JDub December 11th, 2012 09:41 AM

We have a few books that are specifically for babies, with textures and colors. He does enjoy them, not so much the reading part, but the sitting on the lap and looking at pictures and touching things.

rainbowfish December 11th, 2012 11:51 AM

Abby likes her brother's books. She wants to chew them if they get too close though.

Sherry777 December 11th, 2012 02:11 PM

Christian loves to read to her, and she seems to really enjoy it. It's a mad house when we are all home, and I admit that no one else even thought of reading to her. Now that I know how much she likes it, we will all have to do it more.

irunpink December 12th, 2012 11:54 AM

When I read to her sister before naps she seems to enjoy it. She smiles a lot, I think she likes all the expressions we make while reading :).