JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Christmas Dinner (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2607771-christmas-dinner.html)

Carwen*Angel December 22nd, 2012 05:04 AM

Christmas Dinner

What are you planning to have for Christmas dinner this year?

Jessimaaka December 22nd, 2012 08:16 AM

Re: Christmas Dinner

- Traditional turkey dinner at my parents (eaten around 2pm) on the 25th
- Not sure at the ILs....hopefully lamb since I was cheated out of it at Easter! Sometimes its lamb, sometimes goose, or a pig roasted on the spit in the garage :lol:

amyinwonderland December 22nd, 2012 08:28 AM

Christmas Eve- we always try to do unique, non-traditional stuff. We were going to do fondue but everyone has been under the weather so we are going to keep it simple and do a honeybaked ham, potato salad, etc. Christmas Eve picnic...lol
Christmas Day- we usually spend with my mom's side of the family. We will have more traditional lunch/dinner there...turkey, mashed potatoes, probably ham again, etc.

AllyssaM December 23rd, 2012 12:24 AM

We're having ham, sweet potato casserole & crescent rolls. It's just the 4 of us. . . And Adalyn doesn't like to give me time to cook at all times, so I gotta keep it simple.

Carwen*Angel December 23rd, 2012 06:44 AM

We're having turkey and stuffing (quorn fillets and mushrooms cooked in wine for Shaun), roast potatoes, carrots and swede, and sprouts and red cabbage. Pudding is Xmas pud or chocolate pud with custard or brandy sauce.

newmommysarah December 23rd, 2012 03:38 PM

We are having a turkey crown and sausages with ALL the veg - mash mixed with spinach, baby potatoes, green beans, sweetcorn, broccoli, sprouts, honey roasted potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onions, and something else I've forgotten (alan is cooking).
Followed by trifle and home baked brownies and cream :) Oh and lots of wine - oh and im making apple martini's :)

one.juniper December 23rd, 2012 06:10 PM

On Christmas Eve we are having French Onion Soup, on Christmas Day we are having duck, wild rice, red cabbage and .. I can't remember the other side dish. Then on the 29th we are having a big family Christmas meal with a turkey and all the trimmings!

aubers68 December 23rd, 2012 09:16 PM

Prime rib!!! Mmmm I can't wait. We will also have mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls and probably corn. (Sometimes there's sweet potatoes as well)

Oh and Christmas Eve we do all the same except honey baked ham instead of prime rib. Plus bakes beans ;)