JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   What would you change? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2609039-what-would-you-change.html)

Carwen*Angel December 28th, 2012 06:40 AM

What would you change?

So having spent your first Christmas with your owlet, what would you change or do differently next year?

Jessimaaka December 28th, 2012 07:32 AM

Re: What would you change?

I want to stay home!!!! Poor little boy was sooooo overtired! He'd be more likely to fall asleep in his own home, even if it was filled with people.

I was talking to my cousin, who's daughter was born Sept 2011, and she ran around with Sophie last year, and hosted instead this year and she said it was amazing, and Sophie did MUCH better and it was actually easier on her.

alicenwonderland December 28th, 2012 08:35 AM

I want her awake for presents! I was petty satisfied with this year. Next year I have to work, and my kids will be having Christmas without me.

afwifey09 December 28th, 2012 08:41 AM

We forgot to get the video recorder out. :( there's a chance we might end up in PA next year, REALLY hoping that doesn't happen. I like our little Christmas.

K.A.T December 28th, 2012 09:33 AM

Nothing. We did Xmas eve at my brothers like normal then stayed home the day of.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forum Runner

Mom2JDub December 28th, 2012 09:51 AM

We took a lot of pics but no video. Otherwise, I enjoyed our little Christmas, even though I really missed family. We talked to everyone throughout the day though. Next year, I think we'll try to Skype.

HippieLove December 28th, 2012 01:26 PM

Nothing here either.

Pixie Dust December 28th, 2012 09:41 PM

Every year I say I want to be finished with everything I can (shopping/wrapping) so that when the kids get out of school we can do fun stuff together. Every year I seem to always have last minute stuff to do and push family time to the back burner. Next year I want to make a "schedule" and try to stick with it.. like Christmas card pics done by this date, all presents bought/wrapped by this date.

I also want to work on creating a few more family traditions. I tell my DH that no one remembers the sitting around the tree and opening the presents part it is the other stuff that the kids will look back and remember. We do a Secret Santa game, a gift to open on Christmas eve, Dinner and looking at lights one evening, make a gingerbeard house villiage... but I want more!

2pinks&ablue December 29th, 2012 09:33 AM

The only thing I would do differently would be to take more pictures!

magz88 December 29th, 2012 07:28 PM

We are NOT travelling on Christmas day - it is too scary with the highways so busy.

Corrupt December 30th, 2012 02:48 PM

Get pictures.
Between forgetting our camera, family drama and holding a napping baby all through the gift opening, we ended up get NO pictures of Christmas morning. I'm rather upset about it :(

1fabulousfem December 30th, 2012 03:51 PM

Next year we will be waking in our own home instead of my parents for Christmas! :)

Carwen*Angel December 31st, 2012 04:48 AM

Next year I want somebody else to cook Christmas dinner so I can enjoy watching the kids unwrap their presents. ;)