JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   What will you do with baby's stuff? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2609834-what-will-you-do-babys-stuff.html)

Carwen*Angel December 31st, 2012 05:07 AM

What will you do with baby's stuff?

As he or she grows out of it?

We are giving my cousin's daughter first refusal as she is having her first baby at 16. We don't know yet if she's having a girl or boy though, so some stuff may be inappropriate.

Whatever doesn't go to her will go on Ebay or car boot. I'm not keeping it because I am done. ;)

1fabulousfem December 31st, 2012 05:10 AM

Re: What will you do with baby's stuff?

I'm saving it for baby #2 which hopefully plants soon! LOL!
Not sure about all the clothes...

Jessimaaka December 31st, 2012 06:37 AM

Packing it away for #2 :)

After we're done, I plan to attend mom2mom sales to get rid of everything :) And kijiji.

Or save for my siblings. None are in any way ready for a baby though so it might be years and years and I don't want to store them that long :lol:

paula96 December 31st, 2012 07:21 AM

My lo's stuff is going to my sil, she is expecting her little one in April, so perfect timing. Not sure what she is having though, so if she doesn't need the clothes they are going on buysellusedstuff.

Sometimes, it feel weird that he is growing out of his stuff so fast.

Jenn1320 December 31st, 2012 08:42 AM

I'm passing it to a friend whose daughter is 3 months behind E. And we both have a friend who just found out she's pg, and due at the end of July/early August. If she ends up with a girl she is set!

2pinks&ablue December 31st, 2012 10:03 AM

I'm sure some of it will be handed down, and some sold. I'll probably donate some things too.

K.A.T December 31st, 2012 11:03 AM

Not sure yet. I'm holding on to clothes so far. I'm sure I'll give some away but I'm feeling more sentimental this time around.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forum Runner

Mom2JDub December 31st, 2012 12:34 PM

We're still undecided as to whether our family is complete (well, at least I'm undecided :p). So I'm not going to hold onto most things. We'll probably sell some things on eBay and big things locally. I will have a more difficult time parting with his clothes. I found a neat idea on Pinterest to make a quilt out of favorite baby clothes. So I'm going to keep his clothes around for a while... perhaps until I learn how to sew. :lol:

AllyssaM December 31st, 2012 12:37 PM

Passing it down to friends and selling stuff..

megg0 December 31st, 2012 11:21 PM

I just gave my first batch of clothes to a friend who just had a baby girl. I cried sorting through it all, but DH has the V. We're done.

Mountain~Mama January 1st, 2013 05:26 AM

I am going to give everything to a friend who is pregnant with a girl. I've saved a few favorite outfits to keep but since we are done, I will pass everything along for someone else to get use of.

Mrs.Julie January 1st, 2013 11:44 AM

Packing away my absolute favs, or expensive items that can be reused just in case my last baby (ttc my 4th and last in a year or so) is another girl. Gave a LOT away already. Im a big believer in giving baby stuff away, Ive been given so much :)

newmommysarah January 1st, 2013 03:29 PM

im keeping my fav outfits just in case we have another baby somewhere down the road, my SIL is getting first refusal on the rest, what she doesnt take i will be selling online.

Sherry777 January 1st, 2013 07:10 PM

I'm keeping it all. I'm all for giving and I like to help others, but Pippa is our rainbow baby. It's all so very special. I can't imagine selling or giving away the clothes George so lovingly picked out. Some outfits brought him to tears because she was so pretty in them. I know I sound awful, but I can't help it.

.kelley. January 1st, 2013 08:44 PM

I've been passing it to various friends who have babies younger than Tristan. This baby factory is done!