JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Couch to 5K (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2614601-couch-to-5k.html)

Jessimaaka January 14th, 2013 06:48 AM

Couch to 5K

Those who want to join in, feel free! You don't need to start at the same time, but we will use this thread to encourage each other and check in.

Week of Jan 14
Day 1 done! It felt great! Can't wait to finish this week :) I created the schedule in Excel, with nice colours, printed it off, and its on the wall beside the treadmill, and once I finish each session, I'm putting a big X through that session :) Helps me see how far I've come!

2pinks&ablue January 15th, 2013 05:03 AM

Re: Couch to 5K

That's a great idea! So far mine is just on my tablet, but something like that might work better.

Finished day 1 yesterday!

Jessimaaka January 15th, 2013 06:51 AM

Yeah I need a visual!

Yay for Day 1 down!

I'm doing day 2 today - my sister is coming this afternoon to watch Cam while I do it.

Jessimaaka January 15th, 2013 01:58 PM

Day 2 down. I was looking at next week and feel I can do it :D

2pinks&ablue January 15th, 2013 05:29 PM

Awesome!

My day two will be tomorrow! I'm considering setting my alarm to get up before the kids and get it done..

2pinks&ablue January 17th, 2013 04:16 AM

Finished day two yesterday! A bit sore today, but overall, I'm good!

Jessimaaka January 17th, 2013 09:15 AM

Great job!! Today should be day 3 for me. My plan is to do it after dinner when DH is home. If it doesn't work out, my mom is going to watch him tomorrow. I'll keep you posted :)

2pinks&ablue January 18th, 2013 09:27 AM

I finished day 3 today! On to week 2 on Monday!

Jessimaaka January 18th, 2013 11:16 AM

Yay! I did day 3 last night...I'll start week 2 on Sunday...I can do this, I can do this, I can do this...

I have to do it earlier in the day than after dinner....last night's was pretty hard...

2pinks&ablue January 19th, 2013 08:53 AM

Hooray! Good luck on starting week 2 :)

Jessimaaka January 19th, 2013 09:26 AM

Same to you!

Jessimaaka January 20th, 2013 09:59 AM

Ugh. Week 2 sucks! OMG! Was it ever hard! The end was the hardest, so hopefully Tuesday will go better. The first 2 runs I was like "I can totally do this, its not so bad" but by the end, I was dying! lol. My issue is I don't have a water bottle spot on the treadmill so I have to stop it and get my water, which I do after my warmup and half way through. I'm thinking of going to Canadian Tire and seeing if I can get one to attach, like the kind you can attach to a bike maybe? I think that will make a difference. Oh and I did it before I ate lunch and I skipped breakfast, I think that also contributed.

2pinks&ablue January 21st, 2013 03:53 PM

Oh man, I couldn't do it without water!

I made it through day 1 of week 2! :)

Jessimaaka January 21st, 2013 04:23 PM

Yay! Great job!!!!

Day 2 tomorrow for me, I still haven't picked up the water holder, I may have time to do it tomorrow :)

Jessimaaka January 22nd, 2013 12:59 PM

So I picked up my water holder thing, just need DH to attach it when he gets home :D But I already did day 2. I'm going to see how Thursday goes, and I may do week 2 again...I'm not sure I'm ready to move up to week 3 yet :mellow:

2pinks&ablue January 27th, 2013 07:17 AM

I might have to do the same, I'm not sure yet.. I finished day 2, but I didn't get to day 3, my heart condition was flared up for a couple of days and I didn't want to push it. I'm aiming for tomorrow!

Jessimaaka January 27th, 2013 07:43 AM

So the water thing still isn't attached. My sister was coming to watch Cam on Thurs, but her car wouldn't start, so I went over there and used her treadmill (to avoid packing Cam up several times). I hate her treadmill! It aggravated my knees to the point that I tensored the one on Friday. So I am definitely doing week 2 again this week.

That's scary! Take it easy and don't push yourself too much!

Jessimaaka January 27th, 2013 05:10 PM

So, I ran the first 2 runs today, and then walked for the remaining time. And now I'm limping...my knee was NOT ready for that, even after 3 days off. So my plan this week is to walk, and start again next Sunday, that should give my knee enough time to heal.

2pinks&ablue January 27th, 2013 05:30 PM

Do you have a knee brace or medical wrap? My knee gets sore like that from time to time, and I have to keep it wrapped for a few days.

Jessimaaka January 27th, 2013 06:34 PM

My thigh is too fat for the one I have :( So I'm just using a tensor for now. And doing some stretching I hope as well :)