JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   cutting baby's nails (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2618584-cutting-babys-nails.html)

jojo2bee January 25th, 2013 08:02 PM

cutting baby's nails

I feel like im always having to trim his nails! They grow so fast! So I was wondering. ..

How often do you trim baby's nails?

What do you use, clippers or nail file or both?

How does baby tolerate getting there nails trimmed?

When do you trim them (like while baby's sleeping or awake)?

Angelamomtomany January 25th, 2013 08:22 PM

Re: cutting baby's nails

How often do you trim baby's nails? Once a week.

What do you use, clippers or nail file or both? clippers

How does baby tolerate getting there nails trimmed? see below

When do you trim them (like while baby's sleeping or awake)? When she is asleep on my lap. She doesn't notice that way.

Blessed Mommy Of 5 January 25th, 2013 10:32 PM

How often do you trim baby's nails? Whenever I notice they need trimmed :)

What do you use, clippers or nail file or both? nail clippers

How does baby tolerate getting there nails trimmed? She is interested in getting the nail clippers! I distract her by talking to her and singing to her!

When do you trim them (like while baby's sleeping or awake)? awake

jojo2bee January 25th, 2013 11:54 PM

How often do you trim baby's nails? When I notice they need it, usually after he claws me lol

What do you use clippers, nail file or both? Clippers

How does baby tolerate getting there nails trimmed? He does great, he likes to watch me and sometimes he will get distracted by the tv

When do you trim them (like when baby's sleeping or awake)? Awake, he wakes up if I do it while hes sleeping

Mommy to 3 boys January 26th, 2013 08:16 AM

How often do you trim baby's nails? every couple days... when she gets upset, she claws her face so I have to keep them short at all times.

What do you use, clippers or nail file or both? mainly clippers but I try to use a baby nail file to smooth them.

How does baby tolerate getting there nails trimmed? Depends on her mood... I try to talk and sing to her but sometimes have to cut a couple then wait a bit!

When do you trim them (like while baby's sleeping or awake)? usually when she is awake... I always forget when she is sleeping lol.

MrsTiffy January 26th, 2013 08:26 AM

How often do you trim baby's nails? whenever I notice they need it

What do you use, clippers or nail file or both? nail clippers

How does baby tolerate getting there nails trimmed? she is fine with it.

When do you trim them (like while baby's sleeping or awake)? I trim them when she is eating.

writerchick324 January 26th, 2013 09:06 AM

How often do you trim baby's nails? I trim them every other day, to every 3 days tops. Sometimes its a few days in a row. People have talked about his sharp baby nails but they don't realize that they don't grow like adult nails!

What do you use, clippers or nail file or both? I use clippers. If he is extra squirmy I will use a nail file. But I am bad, I use MY nail file, not the baby one that barely even files the nail. :P

How does baby tolerate getting there nails trimmed? He loves playing with his hands, so as you can guess, he does not like it when you hold his fingers out and he can't move them. He doesn't cry though, he just squirms and tries to pull his hand back.

When do you trim them (like while baby's sleeping or awake)? I do it when he is awake. He naps in his crib in the dark, so I am not going to try to use a flashlight to do it. Plus, half the time he sleeps with his arms up and bent so that his hands are under his head. lol