JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Not baby related but would love opinions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2619384-not-baby-related-but-would-love-opinions.html)

aquariussweety21 January 28th, 2013 09:29 AM

Not baby related but would love opinions

So we are starting some wedding planning. We found our venue and need to get approved and to do so we need to figure out hours and such. I would love honest opinions...

Because we are so broke we are considering having a later wedding and doing a desert buffet only without doing a big dinner. We have a few relatives from out of town and were gonna treat them to lunch early in the day so they at least have one good meal they dont have to pay for while here.

Do you think its rude to not serve dinner and to only do deserts and appetiEr type food? Id obviously put in the invite well be having a desert buffet and beverages worded nicely lol

GeekLover11 January 28th, 2013 09:34 AM

Re: Not baby related but would love opinions

Not in the slightest.

This was honestly our plan from day one with our wedding. We were going to have a late ceremony, 7:30. Then do hor d'oeuvres with a few dessert stations. The only reason we did not do it is because my parents wanted us to have a sit down dinner. I told them that our budget didn't allow it, so they ended up covering the catering bill.

I think it is definitely a great idea, especially if it is going to be a later wedding. Just make sure that the invites say that on there and its totally fine.

Blessed Mommy Of 5 January 28th, 2013 09:59 AM

I do not think that is rude at all. I don't see anything wrong with having appetizers and a dessert buffet!

Btw, CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement and marriage!!! I hope you post pics when the big day arrives!!

:congrats:

3Sapphires January 28th, 2013 10:26 AM

If I was going to get married again, I would love to do a morning "cake and punch" wedding!

maybe some light snacks!

I think your guests should just be thrilled that you invited them to share your special day!

MrsTiffy January 28th, 2013 11:06 AM

I agree with the other ladies. I don't see a problem with it at all.

curlygirl77 January 28th, 2013 11:08 AM

I think that sounds like a great idea!

jojo2bee January 28th, 2013 12:13 PM

I also agree with the other ladies, that sounds like so much fun! Weve never had anything different like that with my family (mine was the first different and we just had an outdoor wedding lol) and it would be so much fun to have something different like that! If I was to have another wedding I would do late one to lol. Sorry went off a little there lol but it sounds amazing to me and I cant wait for your big day to come! You must share pictures to lol

writerchick324 January 28th, 2013 03:41 PM

Congrats! We are going to start planning ours once I lose 20 lbs. Let me rephrase, I WILL START PLANNING (lol) once I lose 20lbs. I want to be healthy when I get married and not get sidetracked by planning and not lose any weight.

We are budgeting ours. What we are doing is having a small wedding and immediate family will make a few dishes, or a large single dish. We might buy some hamburgers/chicken to throw on the grill. Alcohol will be BYOB or we may get a keg. We won't ask extended family to bring dishes though. The rest of the stuff will be simple though, and my sister in law has some stuff left over from her wedding. We are getting married at his aunts house that overlooks the city, and they have had a few weddings there, so that saves on the venue for us. :)

Glad you get to plan yours, keep us in the loop with your wedding planning!

aquariussweety21 January 28th, 2013 04:10 PM

Thank you all so very much. I really was stressing about it and torn and you all make it seem to be a fine option. I really appreciate all of your advice and input. We likely arent going to get married until june 2014 so we have about a year and a half still but i wanted to get things started. Since were on such a tight budget itll be nice to decide what well be spending on and save over time and diy some stuff. Thanks again :-)

smashley8 January 28th, 2013 07:23 PM

So excited for you! That sounds great. We had our wedding on NYE and my first thought was to do all appetizer foods. People love appetizers and dessert so I'm sure it will be a hit.

RunningMommyTo5 January 29th, 2013 05:36 AM

Congrats on getting married!!! I think that is a great idea!!! Just put an insert in the invitations (probably along with the directions to the venue) saying "Hor d'eovours and desserts will be served for your enjoyment!" This will let your guests know to plan to eat dinner before coming. If I had to do it over again, I would simplify things so much more than we did. I think keeping it simple and fun is going to be the best way to enjoy your day and truly have fun with your family and friends. Fewer details=less stress leading up to and on the day. I'm sure your loved ones will be thrilled just to share the experience with you!