JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Transition to crib (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2630997-transition-to-crib.html)

smashley8 March 2nd, 2013 07:38 AM

Transition to crib

Remy has been in his crib for 2 nights now! The first night we both had a super hard time with it. I cried, he was up every 1-2 hours or less, and both of us really tired the next day. Last night was a little bit better - he slept from 6:30 to 8:30 at my friend's house, came home and was up for a little while, then woke up at 1:00 and 5:00. I think we are still going through the 4 month sleep regression and I really hope things start to go back to how it used to be (he was only waking up once). Anyone have these sleeping problems and then things went back to normal? I don't expect him to sleep through the entire night yet but it would be nice if we didn't have to wake up multiple times. I think he is also teething so it could be a combination of things.

jojo2bee March 2nd, 2013 09:44 AM

Re: Transition to crib

Yay for the transition! I have no advice sorry! Matthew was great when we switched him he had no issues. .. it was me that did lol but it gets better over time! Just keep your head up and before you know it all will be great!

curlygirl77 March 2nd, 2013 12:09 PM

I transitioned my dd to a crib at about 5 months, and she slept better than she did when we coslept. I think she still woke up once or twice a night until about 10 months. It sounds like Remy is doing great! Is he in his own room? I know it's exhausting when you have to get up and go into another room every time they cry. I don' t think i'lll ever get Micah in a crib, lol, she wakes up the second i tey to put her down.

Stepp_Ann March 2nd, 2013 08:56 PM

When Brady was cutting his first tooth (I didn't realise that was the problem at the time) his nightly sleeping went out the window. I was terrified it was his new schedule. As soon as his tooth was all the way through he went back to his normal schedule. So maybe it's just his teething causing it. Good luck.

writerchick324 March 2nd, 2013 11:43 PM

I am hoping on teething, plus I have heard the sleep regression does not last long. Elliott was put in his own crib at about 4 weeks if that, and he never went through sleep regression. He barely slept in his bassinet and swing, we even tried his carseat! He sleeps better on his own in his bed, he doesn't even like to nap on me! It will get easier, I know it is a tough transition but it will take time for both of you. Hope it passes soon!

Blessed Mommy Of 5 March 3rd, 2013 05:27 PM

We are still co-sleeping, but the crazy sleep hours have gotten the best of me more than once! Kyah makes her own schedule. Her normal schedule is her going to sleep around 11 pm and waking up at 6:30. Then going back to sleep for a long morning nap.

However, she often gets on these crazy schedules where she wakes up at night, or fusses until 1-2 am. I blame it on lots of things (depending on whats going on at the moment)...growth spurts..teething...a weekend where daddy woke her up late at night knocking her off of her schedule....

I am sure Remy will get back on schedule all by his self soon :)