JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Baby proofing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2631834-baby-proofing.html)

Pinkhighheels27 March 5th, 2013 07:46 AM

Baby proofing

Who has already started?

M is starting to pull to stand and open cabinets/drawers while in her walker. I don't think she will start crawling for another month, but time to start.

I have a feeling she will be walking early, early. *is scared*

Which baby proofing stuff did you buy?

MosaicWife March 5th, 2013 07:53 AM

Re: Baby proofing

Baby gates, latches for cabinets and outlet pluggies were pretty much all the baby proofing we did and will do again.

And i just wanted to add that Doc was amazing in his walker and still didn't walk until 11 months. Nothing wrong with baby proofing early but don't be scared that she'll start walking any time super soon. You've got plenty of time to figure out what needs to be done.

2pinks&ablue March 5th, 2013 11:22 AM

We have the plugs in the outlets and hooks on the cabinets, other than that though, we don't do much (we don't have any stairs except the ones to the basement which has a door and the two going in and out of our sunken living room.

Sherry777 March 5th, 2013 03:53 PM

Baby proofing my house is proving to be difficult. My older children are messy despite the fact that I am a neat freak. They constantly leave bits of food on the floor and tiny toys. I am terrified of what is going to happen when Pippa gets more mobile.

As far as safety devices, I bought cabinet locks, toilet seat locks, and a gate.
I also use outlet covers. Hell, my son still tries to shove stuff down the toilet or in the outlets, and he's 7. :rolleyes:

AllyssaM March 6th, 2013 12:14 AM

I just use gates where needed, outlet plugs where needed and cabinet locks where needed.

For gates - I just put one up around our TV stand today. She shimmys her way to wherever she wants to go while on her butt or belly (no crawling yet) and she has discovered all sorts of fun things in the TV stand. So we put that gate up today. . . I have told DH to keep his lap top, magazines and books out of low laying places. Once she learns how to crawl, I will put a gate up to the laundry room where the litter box is. And once she figures the stairs out - We'll put a gate there.

Cabinet locks - I'll just put it where the pots & pants and other cooking things are as well as cleaning stuff. Non-breakables and dangerous things will stay opened {partly because my older daughter needs to get into some of those areas for her cups, plates & bowls}.

Edit: I am in absolutely no hurry to baby proof. I did it early with Emmersyn- As soon as I thought she was going to be crawling. I could've waited on at least half my baby proofing for at least another month +. . . I hate having all sorts of gates up and in the way. So this time I am not going to do things until I absolutely HAVE to, lol.