JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   "Left-over" aversions? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2633912-left-over-aversions.html)

RunningMommyTo5 March 11th, 2013 07:14 PM

"Left-over" aversions?

I'm not sure what else to call them, but do any of you still have food or smell aversions left from your pregnancy? I have always been a veggie lover, especially broccoli, carrots, and spinach, but when I was pregnant with Bailey, I just could not eat them without gagging and throwing up. I thought for sure I'd be able to eat them again after I had her, but here I am over 6 months pp, and I still can't stomach them without gagging!!!! What's going on? Am I alone in this? Will I ever be able to enjoy my once loved veggies again???

jojo2bee March 11th, 2013 08:04 PM

Re: "Left-over" aversions?

Ive been slowly getting better with chicken lol I used to love it and any way but was so grossed out with it while being pregnant and im just now starting to find myself being about to eat it a bit more and not be as grossed out. I hope you will be able to eat your veggies again!

Stepp_Ann March 12th, 2013 06:55 AM

Good luck with that. When I was pregnant with my 14year old I got sick on velveeta shells and cheese and to this day the smell alone is enough to make me sick.

My last pregnancy chicken made me super sick and now I eat it very sparingly.

Angelamomtomany March 12th, 2013 07:21 AM

I still have things I can't eat from my 13 yr old. I can't go near milk since having Naomi.

3Sapphires March 12th, 2013 07:21 AM

I still have issues eating italian food - it made me so sick when I was pregnant with my first. it is sad.

Blessed Mommy Of 5 March 12th, 2013 01:07 PM

I haven't had any issues with this so far!! But, Kyah was a really easy pregnancy for me. I didn't even get nausea or morning sickness.

Sagga02 March 12th, 2013 01:10 PM

WOW! Mine was meat. I couldn't go NEAR it. As soon as he was born i had meat. That must be so hard for it to continue.

Repti.Mom March 12th, 2013 01:49 PM

Ginger ale (accidentally got ginger soda instead of ginger ale one time, it is NOT the same)!!!, blue and purple gatorade.

writerchick324 March 12th, 2013 03:06 PM

I still have one aversion but it is not very appropriate to post, lol. I don't puke every time from it like I did before but I occasionally do and usually come close.

karenwalter March 12th, 2013 03:14 PM

It took me 2 almost 2 years to start eating popcorn again after I had an aversion to it when I was pregnant with DS #1. I did eventually get over it though and now enjoy it again. Give it time and hopefully you'll be eating veggies again soon!

curlygirl77 March 12th, 2013 04:43 PM

Kimber... Um come.on, you know we love innappropriate stuff, spill it ;)

Katie, i can't really sympathise as i have an iron stomach and can eat anything, but it must be hard to still be having food aversions after so long. Hopefully you will get over it eventually!

smashley8 March 12th, 2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by writerchick324 (Post 27188939)
I still have one aversion but it is not very appropriate to post, lol. I don't puke every time from it like I did before but I occasionally do and usually come close.

My dirty mind can only think of one thing, but maybe that is actually what you're talking about... LOL!

GeekLover11 March 12th, 2013 07:40 PM

Well, this isn't exactly the same, but I thought I would share. Before I had Declan, I hated roast beef. But during my pregnancy, it was the best thing ever. I ate it whenever I could. Now, it is honestly repulsive. Don't have a clue what that was about.

Ashley, you are not alone because this dirty mind thought of one thing too. Maybe it's in our name ;)

Brandiwine3 March 13th, 2013 07:16 AM

As much as I love chix, I was repulsed by it while pg...and any kind of fatty meat (you know like when you bite into a chunk) - Bluck!

RunningMommyTo5 March 13th, 2013 07:30 AM

Awww. man!!!! Hopefully this won't be a life-long aversion. Maybe I should just have another baby to see if I get my veggie-love back??? ;) Sounds logical to me....now to get DH on board...it's for the love of veggies!!!

Kimber, you know you must share with us now, right??? I think we're all thinking the same thing!!!!

writerchick324 March 13th, 2013 08:52 AM

Fine I will spill it, but anyone that gets grossed out better stop reading here now :P

So my df loooooves bjs. Used to not be that big of a deal until I got pregnant. Then just the thought of him finishing made me gag. And if he would finish in my mouth, I would puke. Many times-instantly.

Now, I am able to run to the bathroom, spit gargle fast and bad good. But if I don't do those things quick enough, I start puking in the sink. It's horrible!

On a different note, the other day I wanted a slurpee from 7-11 and instantly got scared that I was prego since I craved them! ha ha ha