JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   ~Mommy of the Week: Spotlight is on Abbie - curlygirl77!~(3/11-3/17) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2634529-mommy-week-spotlight-abbie-curlygirl77-3-11-3-17-a.html)

Blessed Mommy Of 5 March 13th, 2013 04:54 PM

~Mommy of the Week: Spotlight is on Abbie - curlygirl77!~(3/11-3/17)

Our Spotlight Mommy of the week is Abbie (curlygirl77)! This is your chance to get to know her even better! Everyone ask questions! You can ask as many questions as you like. Asked one then thought of another? Come back and post it too

Post your questions here, ladies!

**Abbie, I am sorry that I am posting this late!!! This completely slipped my mind.**

smashley8 March 13th, 2013 06:21 PM

Re: ~Mommy of the Week: Spotlight is on Abbie - curlygirl77!~(3/11-3/17)

Abbie, I've been meaning to ask you - is your nickname AJ? I could have sworn that it was in your signature at one point and I know I've called you it before, but I would feel stupid if I was wrong! LOL

Blessed Mommy Of 5 March 14th, 2013 06:09 AM

Hi Abbie :)

How did you and your DH meet?

How long have you lived in the UK?

Do you have any hobbies? (I know you make those adorable hats!)

Do you collect anything?

Where all have you traveled?

smashley8 March 14th, 2013 06:16 AM

Were you born in the US?

What's your favorite thing about living in the UK?

Did you plan to have a big family?

What's the hardest part about having a big family?

curlygirl77 March 14th, 2013 09:21 AM

Ashley yes my initals are AJ, i think i used that when i signed up as i was unsure about using my real name :)

How did you and your DH meet?

At a party. Nothing original, lol. I thought he was funny because he had just had his tongue pierced and was lisping. We hit it off and were friends for about a month before we began dating. We couldn't kiss for a while because his tongue was healing!

How long have you lived in the UK?

I was born here and lived here until I met and married my dh. He is American and in the USAF, so when his time was up in the UK i moved with him. He was stationed back here last year.

Do you have any hobbies? (I know you make those adorable hats!)

When i get time (ha) I crochet, sew and i love photography. I am also teqching myself to knit but it's slow going. Every time i get a good amount done, Holly unravels it.

Do you collect anything?

Not really. I don't like a lot of 'stuff' so i don't hang onto much.

Where all have you traveled? After we left the UK we lived in Iceland for 3 years, and then in Hawaii (Oahu) for six years. I have also visited Florida, Connecticut, Tennessee, California, Canada, Maui, Massachussets, New Jersey, Atlanta, most of the south of the UK and Italy :)

curlygirl77 March 14th, 2013 09:31 AM

Were you born in the US?

No, here in the UK.

What's your favorite thing about living in the UK? My family is here. I missed them so much when i lived overseas! I love English food too, i never did get used to American food and drink.

Did you plan to have a big family?

Not at all! We were just going to have one and it just sort of happened that we had another then another.. Five is definitely our stopping point though, we both feel done now :D

What's the hardest part about having a big family?

Travelling is a challenge, especially flying. My in laws want us to go to CT for the summer but i've put my foot down and told dh they can come to us. Even if we have to pay, i don't care. We would have to take so much.luggage, two car seats and a booster seat, a stroller, as well as dealing wih the long flight and security... Ugh, gives me anxiety just thinking about it!! Aside from that, is is expensive to take five kids out, and nothing here is cheap. Just a trip to the zoo costs a small fortune! And laundry. Laundry is horrendous with lots of kids. I can never keep up with it all.

Brandiwine3 March 14th, 2013 01:52 PM

Hi Abbie!

Do your kiddos look more like you or Dad?

What's your fav. genre of music?

Dream Profession?

You said "English" food...you missed it while away. What's most appealing?

:)

jojo2bee March 14th, 2013 11:52 PM

Hey Abbie!

OK so what do you do now job wise? (I'm thinking SAHM but wasent sure lol)

What is your dream vacation?

Favorite book and/or book series?

curlygirl77 March 15th, 2013 06:49 AM

Do your kiddos look more like you or Dad?

They are a good mix of us both. The girls have DHs eye colour, the boys have mine. They all have moisey brown hair whereas we are both dark, so i don't know whre that comes from.

What's your fav. genre of music? I guess anything except rap, i like a lot of different stuff

Dream Profession? Before i met dh, i was in the process of applying to the police force. I would still love to do that, but i am too old now!

You said "English" food...you missed it while away. What's most appealing? I don't want to sound insulting when i answer this, lol. A lot of American foods just taste different... Breakfast cereals, yogurt, juice etc, is all a lot sweeter than here and some stuff, like American chocolate or crisps (potato chips) taste completely gross to me. Just what I am used to i guess. And of course fish and chips!! They sold it in Hawaii but it was BAD.

Blessed Mommy Of 5 March 15th, 2013 11:22 AM

- What is your favorite meal? Snack?

- Favorite movie? Tv show?

- I am curious what your answer would be as to wether you feel it is harder to raise boys or girls?

:)

curlygirl77 March 15th, 2013 11:37 AM

OK so what do you do now job wise? (I'm thinking SAHM but wasent sure lol)

Yes i am a sahm right now

What is your dream vacation?

Probably backpacking in Australia. My dh went a few years ago and he said it is an amazing place!

Favorite book and/or book series?

I read a lot. I like true crime authors like Ann Rule. I also love Stephen King, Lee Child and a Scottish author Ian Rankin.