JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Baby's First Mother's Day Hugs (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2636490-babys-first-mothers-day-hugs.html)

HippieLove March 21st, 2013 02:51 AM

Baby's First Mother's Day Hugs

This is a chance to celebrate our owlets' first Mother's Days; the friendships you've made here; and the things you admire about your fellow Mama Owls as women and mothers.

BABY'S FIRST MOTHER'S DAY HUGS

You will all get the chance to anonymously comment on or compliment your fellow Mama Owls on their strengths as a woman and a mom, the things you admire, the things they do or say or exemplify that inspire you. You will then all receive a Mother's Day "hug" in the form of an e-card with your comments and compliments. Hopefully this will be something to keep and read when you need reminding what an awesome mom you are. :)

You will also get the chance to nominate your fellow Mama Owls for an extra-special "hug" which will arrive in the mail instead of by email. We'll keep this part a surprise. ;)

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO - NOW

1. Sign up in this thread.

2. There are three pairs of categories for the nominations for special "hugs". In your post, please place yourself in the most appropriate category for each pair.

Pair 1 - HARDWORKING MOMMIES (for juggling WOHMs who have sacrificed their time at home with their babies because it's best for their family)
or
HOMEMAKING MOMMIES (for busy SAHMs who have sacrificed their career and extra income because it's best for their family)

If you are a WAHM please choose which of the two you'd like to be placed in. You cannot join both.

Pair 2 - SINGLE SUPERMOMMIES (for those Mama Owls who are single, strong and "doing it for themselves" as the song says)
or
WONDERFUL WIFE-AND-MOMMIES (for those Mama Owls who are devoted wives as well as mothers)

If you are not yet married but have a live-in (or live-out!) partner please choose which of the two you'd like to be placed in. You cannot join both.

Pair 3 - QUEENS OF CRUNCHY (for those devoted Mama Owls who are AP, BFing champs, cloth diapering, co-sleeping because it's best for their family)
or
QUEENS OF TRADITION (for those devoted Mama Owls who are TP, formula feeding etc because it's best for their family)

If you are a little of both please choose which of the two you'd like to be placed in. You cannot join both.

The deadline to sign up will be Friday 5th April. This allows two weeks for sign-ups which is plenty of time especially since I will also post this on the newsgroup.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO - LATER

Once sign-ups are over, Sharron and I will post a list of Mama Owls in each category on the board. We will then give the go-ahead for nominations, comments & compliments. We will aim to do this by Monday 8th April. Please do not send any before we give the go-ahead so that you have a full sign-up list to work from.

You will need to nominate FIVE Mama Owls from each list for a special "hug" in each category, giving a specific reason for your nomination. You need to nominate ladies who inspire you within that category, and your comment or compliment for each should explain how and why they inspire you. You might pick people who share a lot of information, who you've learned a lot from, who has been caring and supportive in that area, or whose example you find inspiring.

You may also include "special mentions" after your five nominations, for any mama owls you specifically want to give a comment or compliment to for that particular category. You may include as many "special mentions" as you wish from the list, you may even write one for every lady on the list if they all inspire you, but you can only actually nominate FIVE for a special "hug". Remember everyone will see their comments & compliments and receive an e-card "hug".

Nominations & special mentions for Hardworking Mommies, Single Supermommies and Queens of Crunchy should be PMd to Sharron (Lady Valkyrie) along with your postal address which will be needed if you receive a special "hug".

Nominations & special mentions for Homemaking Mommies, Wonderful Wife-and-Mommies and Queens of Tradition should be PMd to Emma (HippieLove) along with your email address for your e-card "hug".

The deadline for this part of the activity is Friday 26th April. This gives you three weeks to ponder your nominations and come up with the comments and compliments each participant deserves. You'll get weekly reminders on the newsgroup. We will assume that any ladies who don't send us their PMs by this date no longer wish to participate and take them off the lists. We need them all in by this time to give me time to organise and mail the special "hugs" to reach you by Mother's Day (bearing in mind this will be all international postage).

WHAT WILL HAPPEN THEN!

Sharron and I will each work out which mama owl received the most nominations for a special "hug" in each category. We will ensure that six different ladies receive the six special "hugs", going to the second most if any categories end up with someone who has already been allocated one.

We will also compile all the comments and compliments ready for your "hugs". Everyone should receive their e-card "hug" or special "hug" where applicable on or before Mother's Day which is on Sunday 12th May. It would be nice if everyone could wait to open it until Mother's Day itself and then share thanks and anything else they'd like (for example how it made you feel or pictures if you get a special "hug"). :wub:

On Mother's Day itself, we will make a post confirming who received the special "hugs" and any particular special mentions not only for Mama Owls who received a lot of nominations but also for Mama Owls who stand out to us as having had wonderful, kind things to say about everyone. This post will include blinkies for all of you to *wear* to celebrate our owlets' first Mother's Day.

Please post any questions in this thread or PM them to Sharron (Lady Valkyrie) or Emma (HippieLove).

Carwen*Angel March 21st, 2013 02:57 AM

Re: Baby's First Mother's Day Hugs

:cheer:

rainbowfish March 21st, 2013 06:48 AM

I think that's a sweet way to do it so nobody is comparing who got more messages. Way to keep everyone's feelings safe. I love you both, great hosting!

Jessimaaka March 21st, 2013 07:42 AM

Count me in!

Homemaking Mommies - I'm on mat leave, but since I haven't yet returned to work I figure I fit more in this category at the moment
Wonderful Wife-and-Mommies
Queens of Crunchy

Cylence March 21st, 2013 07:57 AM

I'll sign up.

The categories I think I fit best would be:
- Homemaking Mommies
- Wonderful Wife-And-Mommies
- Queens of Tradition

Mountain~Mama March 21st, 2013 08:38 AM

This sounds like me... :)

- Homemaking Mommies
- Queens of Crunch

Awesome ideas ladies!

Carwen*Angel March 21st, 2013 10:35 AM

I'm hoping, with the chance to do unlimited "special mentions", it will work out everyone getting about the same number of comments anyway as well. ;) These are gifts from "us" to "us" so I'm determined everyone is going to get something really nice to feel good about.

Sherry777 March 21st, 2013 10:57 AM

Count me in, of course:

Hardworking Mommies
Queens of Crunchy

amyinwonderland March 21st, 2013 11:27 AM

I want to do it...

-Hardworking Mommy
-Single Supermommy
-Queen of Crunchy

Carwen*Angel March 21st, 2013 12:43 PM

I've had to really think about the first two categories. But I think I'm going to go for:

HARDWORKING MOMMIES - I worked when I was pregnant, even now am a WAHM trying to get my readings off the ground as a form of income, and will be jobseeking soon so I feel it fits better.

SINGLE SUPERMOMMIES - We are not yet married and have only lived together for a short time. So I think I'll go off my "official" marital status. I may change my mind on this one before the deadline, idk.

QUEEN OF TRADITION

mama4life March 21st, 2013 01:17 PM

Sure!
- Homemaking Mommies
- Queens of Crunch

LadyCoconut March 21st, 2013 01:20 PM

I'm stepping back from this because I worry I won't have the time to comment for everyone else so I don't want to be included. Sorry but thanks!

Blessed.Life March 21st, 2013 02:12 PM

I love this!!! What a great idea. You ladies are amazing, thanks for being the best hosts ever!!

Hardworking Mommies

Queens of Crunchy

Jfolk826 March 21st, 2013 03:48 PM

Great idea! I love that we have such caring hosts!

Hardworking mommies
Wonderful wife and mommie
Queen of tradition.

Mom2JDub March 21st, 2013 03:51 PM

HARDWORKING MOMMIES

WONDERFUL WIFE-AND-MOMMIES

QUEENS OF CRUNCHY

Thanks!

rainbowfish March 21st, 2013 06:42 PM

Count me in
- Homemaking Mommies
- Queens of Crunch

HippieLove March 21st, 2013 06:52 PM

I'll sign up to..

HOMEMAKING MOMMIES

SINGLE SUPERMOMMIES

QUEENS OF CRUNCHY

Carwen*Angel March 22nd, 2013 05:07 AM

I will post about this on the newsgroup as well. :)

rainbowfish March 27th, 2013 11:50 AM

bump

gumonyershoe March 27th, 2013 08:07 PM

Working
Wife
Crunchy

Sorry so short. On my phone which is acting funny. Love the idea!