JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   What sounds is your owlet making now? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2640899-what-sounds-your-owlet-making-now.html)

Ever April 5th, 2013 10:20 AM

What sounds is your owlet making now?

Connor doesn't babble much (as in mama dada baba) but he combines tons of consonants and vowels and has for quite a while. He CAN say mama dada etc., and does, but not often. And he doesn't always repeat them, so he'll say lots of goo, gee, gaa, maa, da, na and a bunch of others but he doesn't always combine them.

I'm happy he is making all the sounds he's making but I'd love to hear those textbook babbling sounds as well!

He is working on physical stuff a lot and I know that plays a part, but I just hope he's on target speech wise.

Sherry777 April 5th, 2013 11:10 AM

Re: What sounds is your owlet making now?

Pippa is not exactly ahead of the curve as far as physical milestones, but she can talk. She can say mama, dada, I love you, yeah, and a few other things.

Her favorite noise this week: Ever heard an eagle scream? She does that-loudly. Her favorite time is when I am not holding her because, God forbid, I need to pee, or when we are in the car. :o

MosaicWife April 5th, 2013 11:15 AM

Alot of G sounds, dadadadada, yeah yeah, what sounds like "Hey" or "Hi". He strings different sounds together with inflection so it sounds like a real sentence. But that doesn't happen super often.

Carwen*Angel April 5th, 2013 11:18 AM

squeals, "gooooooooooooo", a gargling sort of noise, "ahhhhhhhh", "mamamamama", "bababababa" and "yeah" (I swear I think she means yes when she says it but who knows).

Jessimaaka April 5th, 2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MosaicWife (Post 27260925)
Alot of G sounds, dadadadada, yeah yeah, what sounds like "Hey" or "Hi". He strings different sounds together with inflection so it sounds like a real sentence. But that doesn't happen super often.

This. Most likely when he has a cheerio in his mouth lol. He's also recently started shoving his whole fist in his mouth and trying to make sounds around it lol. But for the most part he's pretty quiet. Like right now, he's hanging out in his Jolly Jumper, bouncing away like a mad man, but is totally silent. This is par for the course here.

Mountain~Mama April 5th, 2013 07:11 PM

Sarah doesn't make a lot of different sounds yet but she does make a breathy huh sound and of course she squawks and shrieks and likes to babble with her toys in her mouth. :lol:

gumonyershoe April 7th, 2013 11:57 AM

mumumum dadada gooo snorts, trills with his tongue, "silent trills" (sounds like a cat purring) bababa squeals clicking his tongue

We THINK that mumum might be him requesting me or when he's hungry because when he gets upset that's what he does, I pick him up and he starts smiling and giggling and stops. But other than that no real pointed sounds/words. And even then it could just be coincidence.

Rob thinks that he'll start with real words soon. I'm not sure.

Oh! just wanted to add. And growling! LOL he growls a lot. And all of his sounds he does with different pitches and intonations.

TuckrLeesMommy April 7th, 2013 02:55 PM

i think it would be a better question to ask what sounds ISN'T he making lol!
he does all the mama dada baba yaya noises but he literally does it all. he hisses he screams he goos he gahs. i talk to him a lot tho lol especially when he is talking away like that. so we have some lovely conversations, he is very into mimicking sounds right now. hes my little mocking bird