JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Sleeping Positions for Baby, Changes? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2649063-sleeping-positions-for-baby-changes.html)

Brandiwine3 May 8th, 2013 07:41 AM

Sleeping Positions for Baby, Changes?

Most recently, Liam will flip to his tummy before falling asleep. This is new and alarmed me the first time I checked on him and discovered it. I suppose since he has very good control over his neck/head and upper body, I shouldn't worry so much but.... I'm a mom - it never stops lol :p! Has your baby had any change in sleeping position/pattern lately?

Blessed Mommy Of 5 May 8th, 2013 08:13 PM

Re: Sleeping Positions for Baby, Changes?

I used to be able to just lay Kyah next to me and nurse her, and 75% of the time she would go to sleep like that. Now, she rolls over constantly and then army crawls back to me. She will roll all over the bed and then come crawling back! Unless she is super sleepy; I nurse her, then bounce her to sleep now, then lay her down by me.

3Sapphires May 9th, 2013 04:38 AM

Lincoln has been belly sleeping since he learned to roll over, I think sometime in January.

DaniM0820 May 9th, 2013 09:38 AM

Since starting CIO 2 weeks ago, Jordan has rolled to his belly to fall asleep. I put him down on his back and sometimes he rolls to his side (which he started that months ago) and when he feels the need to cry upon being put down he normally ends up on his belly and then falls asleep.

curlygirl77 May 10th, 2013 09:18 AM

Micah has always been a back sleeper, but just this week she has been flipping onto her tummy to sleep.

Risa May 10th, 2013 04:01 PM

Sam always sleeps on his side or tummy. He will roll over immediately as soon as he is laid down. He even tries to do it when you lay him down to change him!

smashley8 May 12th, 2013 05:50 PM

Remy likes to sleep on his belly sometimes now too, but he's mostly a side sleeper. It alarmed me to see him belly sleeping the first time too, especially because he hadn't quite gotten the hang of rolling back over. But I relaxed after a few nights because he would cry if he got stuck, so I knew he would tell me if something was wrong.

jojo2bee May 14th, 2013 04:38 PM

Matthew likes to roll to his left side, usually the second I lay him down to haha. I was alarmed by it towhen he first started doing it, asked him ped about it to lol

jennylynnf May 16th, 2013 07:58 AM

We put Jessicas crib up against our bed and took the front off, so her bed connects to ours and shes right by me, shes been using a blanket and pillow since about 7 mons and likes to sleep on her side.