JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Plans for Mother's Day? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2649503-plans-for-mothers-day.html)

Carwen*Angel May 10th, 2013 02:47 AM

Plans for Mother's Day?

Are you doing anything special on Sunday mamas?

1fabulousfem May 10th, 2013 04:12 AM

Re: Plans for Mother's Day?

On Sunday we are heading to my parents place and will either have a family BBQ or order in.
The restaurants here have terrible service on these holidays!

Jessimaaka May 10th, 2013 05:14 AM

Not a clue...not even sure if DH realizes its this weekend. I'm not going to say anything and see what happens.

afwifey09 May 10th, 2013 07:05 AM

DH is deployed and I'm with my in laws, sooo...nope. Maybe Ava will give me a surprise gift and sttn with no fussing. ;)

We're having a surprise BBQ for my sil since she graduated college this week on Saturday though.

Sherry777 May 10th, 2013 10:07 AM

I'm not sure yet. My grandmother is in town from McMinnville, TN, and I am supposed to see her and my parents. My parents have given me no definite plan. I let them know I cannot drive to their house an hour away because I have a 3-hour window for nursing Pippa. It's complicates things that Pippa will now only nurse on my bed with her special blanket. She gets upset if I try to nurse her anywhere else, and I respect her wishes. As she has never taken a bottle at home, I can't just pack my pump and take expressed milk either.

I would love to just have my grandmother and parents visit us briefly. Then I would love to walk around the mall or a park.

Mom2JDub May 10th, 2013 10:38 AM

DH has told me that he has a surprise for me, but I have no idea what it is. And, of course, I'll be opening my Mother's Day Hugs from the JM ladies. ;)

Blessed.Life May 10th, 2013 10:44 AM

We have a busy busy weekend!! Tomorrow (Saturday) is one of my best frirnds bridal shower and I am a bridesmaid (MIcah is going to be the ring bear in August) so Micah and I are going to the shower early to help set up and bring some food ect. After the shower we are going to the train station and heading up to my parents house. They live 2 hours away and I didn't want to have Micah do the there and back in one day but my doggies aren't allowed at their house so Scott has to stay behind. It should be nice though I know we are going out to dinner Saturday night. Then Sunday Scott is going to come up and we will be going to an art festival (tradition) and most likely breakfast and head back sometime in the late afternoon/ early evening. I also informed Scott I wanted something that him and Micah made together for mothers day. Scott use to be an artist so I can't wait to see what it is!!

Mountain~Mama May 10th, 2013 05:54 PM

Audrey and Sam have their first T-ball practice... So lame it's on Mother's day, but oh well. I have no clue how the rest of the day will go. Can't wait to read my "hugs" though!!

AllyssaM May 10th, 2013 11:35 PM

Tomorrow I'm taking the girls to lunch with some of my favorite mommah friends around here. And Sunday we aren't doing anything. DH has to work nights this weekend, so that doesn't leave much time off. He has the following 4 days off, though, if not more so we'll probably go to lunch/dinner to somewhere of my choosing then :)

Carwen*Angel May 11th, 2013 07:36 AM

Of course, it was Mother's Day in the UK weeks ago. ;)

Glad to hear some of you have such lovely plans! I hope you are all pleasantly surprised tomorrow, even those of you not expecting much. Xxx.

And those of you who joined in the hugs, if you don't have an envelope you will receive an email, according to the website first thing Sunday morning as it is set by country of residence, but I don't know how reliable its time conversions are. ;)