JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Dropping naps? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2663268-dropping-naps.html)

Pinkhighheels27 July 3rd, 2013 10:40 AM

Dropping naps?

Well, I'm sad to say it, but some days M has dropped to one nap. Only on days when she's sleeping in later, but nonetheless she's dropped to one on some days.

Anyone else?

Jessimaaka July 3rd, 2013 12:34 PM

Re: Dropping naps?

Nope. No indication either. I read its supposed to happen around 18 months to 2 years...but of course that's just a generalization. I hope he keeps 2 naps for a while, I like having 2 times a day to clean up after him...I can't imagine him wreaking havoc longer lol.

Pinkhighheels27 July 3rd, 2013 05:46 PM

According to my Ped, anytime between 10-20 months is typical. She said the average is around 14mo.

I prefer 2 naps per day, too!

2pinks&ablue July 3rd, 2013 07:56 PM

We're still at two naps here, and no signs of giving them up any time soon!

Mrs.Julie July 3rd, 2013 11:11 PM

Kata went through a weird phase of only one nap but then went back to 2. It is a bit early but still totally normal.

20ghanover July 4th, 2013 06:15 AM

My son's daycare made us drop his at 12 months. And I fought it at first but it was fantastic because we could get out and do things in the mornings, and his afternoon nap became 3 1/2 hours! Heavenly!

I'm actually anxiously awaiting my daughter now dropping hers so we can get a full 3 hours in the afternoon on the same schedule! Right now we have one go down, then the next, then the other one again.........so we basically can't ever leave the house.

Ashley, are you on facebook? A lot of us have an active facebook group now and I noticed the other day that I don't think you're on it. If you want to be (it's a closed private group), just PM me your facebook info.

Thanks!
Melanie

Jessimaaka July 4th, 2013 06:37 AM

3 1/2 hours?!?! I can only hope!!! He doesn't do that at night even lol.

Cam starts daycare in 6 weeks and she normally does only 1 nap, but she works with the child and has no issues putting him down at 9am for an hour which is all he needs to get to his afternoon nap, which I've gotten to the same time as she puts them down. If he drops it and takes a super long afternoon nap, I'd be overjoyed...I just don't see him taking that longer nap.

Pinkhighheels27 July 4th, 2013 11:04 AM

Wow, 3.5 hours is awesome! I'd want them on the same schedule, too. That sounds difficult right now.

No, I'm not on FB. I'm weird about public information since I've been in the public eye, but thank you for the offer :)

paula96 July 4th, 2013 03:17 PM

Still two naps here, but I have heard from many parents that they were not really disappointed when their los dropped to 1 nap and that they could do a lot more than earlier phase of 2 naps. 3.5 hrs sounds blissful :)

Carwen*Angel July 5th, 2013 06:56 AM

Michaela will either have 2 short naps, or 1 longer nap (around 2 hours) after lunch. She has a bit of an earlier bedtime now (we're trying to get her into a bedtime routine).

MosaicWife July 5th, 2013 12:36 PM

Paxton dropped one but he was taking three so now he's down to two. Though, some days when he's not ready to get up but his sister wakes him up he'll still take that early morning nap.

Pixie Dust July 5th, 2013 09:30 PM

I'm such a bad Mommy! Poor Cetch has no nap schedule.

If we go in the car, he sleeps. When we arrive, he wakes up.
If we are at home he plays and only naps if the house gets calm (with two teens it gets wild!)
He hardly ever wakes up on his own. Most of the time a slamming door, phone ringing or having to get in the car seat wakes him up.

I guess I should work on some sort of a schedule. :(

Mrs.Julie July 5th, 2013 11:02 PM

Im feeling bad for Kata now! If shes sleeping, we go wherever anyway. I make sure she gets a good chunk of sleep but if we have to go, we go :-/

mzshell13 July 7th, 2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20ghanover (Post 27496809)
My son's daycare made us drop his at 12 months. And I fought it at first but it was fantastic because we could get out and do things in the mornings, and his afternoon nap became 3 1/2 hours! Heavenly!

I'm actually anxiously awaiting my daughter now dropping hers so we can get a full 3 hours in the afternoon on the same schedule! Right now we have one go down, then the next, then the other one again.........so we basically can't ever leave the house.

Ashley, are you on facebook? A lot of us have an active facebook group now and I noticed the other day that I don't think you're on it. If you want to be (it's a closed private group), just PM me your facebook info.

Thanks!
Melanie

This is us! Mel takes two naps at 10am and 2pm, LJ takes one at 12 that lasts until it's time for Mel's second nap. Basically I never get a break. We get out of the house because M is still in her infant carrier (it pays to have a tiny baby) so she'll take one of her naps in the carrier. I'd love for her to be at 1 nap but I doubt it would happen anytime soon

ufmelissa824 July 8th, 2013 08:10 AM

Emily's not a big napper. At school, she only takes 1 nap (if any) and it's usually only for 30 or 40 minutes. She often falls asleep on the way home, then wakes up, eats dinner, plays and goes to bed at 8 or 9. Weekends are a little better because she doesn't have the distractions of kids and lots of toys around her. Then I can usually get her to take a late morning and afternoon nap.

Mountain~Mama July 8th, 2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixie Dust (Post 27500315)
I'm such a bad Mommy! Poor Cetch has no nap schedule.

If we go in the car, he sleeps. When we arrive, he wakes up.
If we are at home he plays and only naps if the house gets calm (with two teens it gets wild!)
He hardly ever wakes up on his own. Most of the time a slamming door, phone ringing or having to get in the car seat wakes him up.

I guess I should work on some sort of a schedule. :(

This is exactly us. Sarah naps when she's tired and has the chance. She almost always sleeps in the car so she might take several short naps vs one long one. Not much you can do about it. It wouldn't be fair to my big girls to stay home for some ridiculous nap schedule.

krsnow July 11th, 2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20ghanover (Post 27496809)

Thanks!
Melanie

I am in the same boat, it feels like we can never leave the house! My almost 3 year old dropped his morning nap at 11 months. It seemed early and I did everything possible to try and force that nap to continue. I then realized things were much easier with 1 long afternoon nap. We used the mornings to go out and have fun or run errands then he would sleep for 3 hours. I'm hoping my LO drops the morning nap soon but I don't see any signs of that happening yet.